I'm finally posting some pictures of the cutest little duck around. Last week we went to 2 trunk-or-treats, our ward and Josh's parents' ward. Macie enjoyed following the kids around and being part of all the commotion. When we walked around to get candy I showed her how to hold up her pumpkin and say "treat." She decided that was easier than trying to say trick or treat. Anyway, after the candy was put in her pumpkin she would stare at it while I moved her along to the next car. It didn't take long for her to get the hang of it and she enjoyed the process of her pumpkin getting filled with stuff. Oddly enough, she didn't know it was candy until one lady said, "Here's some candy for the cute little ducky." At that point Macie perked right up and screamed "CANDY!" I had to calm her down and convince her to continue to put it in the pumpkin so we could continue. When we got home I went through it all and only kept 1 bag of animal crackers and chips ahoy cookies for her. She never asked for the candy again. I'm not trying to be mean, but I know kids love candy and I'm trying to keep Macie away from it for as long as possible. She does know that "candy" means something good, but I'm not sure who taught it to her or where she had some!
One of the parties had an actual "train" (barrels on wheels pulled behind a 4-wheeler) that Macie couldn't get enough of. She cried when she had to get off! I wasn't quite sure about the safety when I saw it, but I was eventually convinced and Macie wouldn't have taken no for an answer anyway. That's my girl!
This last picture is quite hilarious. Josh felt left out and was determined to get his 6'3.5" body into the barrel for a train ride. He is, after all, one really big kid. Macie spends the ride holding on as demonstrated below, and laughing while yelling "weeeeee!" the entire time.
5 comments:
I didn't think Luke knew what candy was either because he didn't care about getting it on Halloween, but then on November 1st I found him in the kitchen in the candy bowl biting through the wrappers and sucking on all the candy he could find. I guess he figured out what candy was.
She's so cute as a duck! Jackson's forgotten about his candy, too. I haven't thrown it out, but it's hidden from view!
I LOVE that costume! What an adorable duck.
She looks so cute! She even looks cute in her sick pictures!
What a cute little duckie! I'm glad you at least got to dress her up and go trunk-or-treating to show off her adorable costume!
Post a Comment