I know many people are already familiar with the picture above. I had seen it more times than I can count from people raving about it for a long, long time. I'm not sure the reason why I steered clear of this series. The whole vampire love story motif just wasn't that appealing to me. Hello, I'm more cultured than that! Well, I finally picked up Twilight after the billionth recommendation and I have to say, I didn't want to like it.
The book started out fine, but I still didn't understand what all the fuss was about. By the time I was halfway through I couldn't stop and, just like that, it was done. By the end of the day I couldn't stop thinking about it. I HAD to keep going. I read the series in less than a week and have to say, this past week my thoughts were completely consumed with Edward and Bella. The series was extremely well written, captivating, and full of surprises. I think what really sucked me in was the way the author brings the characters to life. They were so real, and I wanted to be a part of every bit of the action.
Now that I'm done I am sad that I have to wait so long for Breaking Dawn, the final book of the series, to be released. Not to mention Midnight Sun, a re-write of Twilight from Edward's perspective. In the meantime I have to satisfy myself with book discussions and author Stephenie Meyer's website. I don't want to do any blog posts about the series to refrain from spoiling it for anyone else, but call me if you want to talk about it! Oh, and if you haven't read it yet just break down and DO IT!

13 comments:
I am currently reading Eclipse. I took a break in between each book because I needed to fit in my book club book so the suspense and excitement to keep reading about Edward and Bella has gone on for months now! I started reading twilight when I was in the hospital with Nate! I wish you lived closer to me so you could join my book club. It would be a LONG drive for you to come to this side of town! We had a 2 hour discussion about Twilight. :)
I was the same way...love and vampires...give me break! Then I read all three in about 3.5 days. My house did not look good by the time I finished. :) Glad you enjoyed it!
I have not yet read Eclipse but I am getting ready to. I was too obsessed with the first two that I needed a time out from it all!!
I still haven't read them. I keep hearing "love and vampires" and it makes me have no desire. But now that I hear you are reading it??? Maybe I will... maybe.
I love these books! I haven't been absorbed by a series like that in a long time. I can't wait for the other 2 books to come out. Have you read the first chapter to Midnight Sun on Stephenie Meyers website? So good!
Maybe I should break down and do it, but probably after the holidays. I start reading and don't get anything done. I have plenty to get caught up with. My sister-in-laws love them.
I felt the same way about the books before I read them but once I picked it up there was no stopping me! I totally neglected my family until they were done, i know its horrible.
I think I may wait until all of the books are out so I don't have to agonize over waiting for the next one. I'm finally softening to the idea of reading them.
I loved the series! We even had an awesome Twilight party after we read all of the books. Can't wait for more!
Alright maybe I will break down and read them, but I think I should wait until after Christmas (maybe I can ask for them for a Christmas gift?) I have a tendency to get absorbed in good books.
I'm glad you finally gave in. I don't know why, but it still surprises me when I hear of someone who hasn't read them.
I am finishing another series right now. The first one is called UGLIES by Scott Westerfeld. I think it's really good. It's different from TWILIGHT but if you liked those I think you'll like these. It's a futuristic society book - set 300 years from now. I read the first one and then bought the series for my birthday (which isn't for another 2 weeks) but I couldn't wait until then to read them. So, I have read them all and will now have Ben wrap them up for me to open. Let me know if you read them.
I couldn't believe the obsession either...but now I've started the first one. I'm only half way through it and I'm not as hooked as everyone else seemed to be, but I think it gets better! Either way they're really easy to read!
ok ok ok, i'll read it! It's been on my dresser for a couple weeks now, my roommate and sister both read them all voraciously in about a week's time as well.
Post a Comment