We already have our Christmas decorations out (I know, I KNOW!) so I thought Macie could use a little introduction and instruction about them. To cut to the chase, the item of interest for this post is our nativity set. Notice anything missing from the picture??? If you look closely you may notice an empty manger. That's right, there's no baby Jesus. I told Macie about the nativity and gave her specific instructions that we are not to touch any parts of the display, including baby Jesus. She complied at first, until her cousin Bella came over. After an evening of playing, I put away Macie's toys and found some pots and baby Jesus in one of her purses. The next morning after another talk about not touching the nativity, I saw her standing next to it with the baby laying on the floor, minus one arm. She dropped the baby and broke his arm off! I couldn't believe it! I sat Macie on the stairs and this is how our conversation went:
Me: Macie, you broke baby Jesus' arm. I don't like it.
Macie: I like it.
Me: No Macie, I don't like it.
Macie: I like it.
Me: Macie, I DON'T like it.
Macie: I like it!
At this point I knew she didn't understand and I was trying to be serious, but having a very hard time. She is such a crack up!
Monday, November 19, 2007
Poor Baby
Posted by
Trisha
at
8:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I love how much she talks! It's hilarious!
I guess you'll just have to wrap baby Jesus in a tiny blanket so that no one can see the abuse!
That is way too funny... She is the cutest.
I love how Macie talks with you, I bet she gets away with a lot because she's just so cute!
THat is such a funny story!
OK, that conversation is just hilarious. I love it.
I have that same nativity!
Don't you hate when your kids are so naughty but at the same time so cute you just can't get mad!
That's awesome. Glad to see that Macie is getting your honest and blunt personality. :) Don't you love these "teaching" moments? :)
Post a Comment