Monday, November 5, 2007

Happy Birthday Josh!

...last Thursday (Nov. 1st) that is. I'm just now getting to post the pictures because I had to do Halloween first and there's no time and excuses, excuses. I'm finally getting used to the idea of his birthday being the day after Halloween. I get busy with Halloween things and have to make sure all the birthday presents, parties, food, etc. are also ready before Halloween. But after all that, we always have a great time.

Since Macie was sick Halloween night, we decided to take it easy on Josh's birthday. She was definitely doing better when she helped Dad unwrap his new 80gb ipod in the morning.


To celebrate Josh hitting the big 26 we decided to go out to dinner with family, and then have a party the next day on Friday night. We went to Claim Jumper for some delicious food with my brother Ben and his family, my sister Mel and her family, Josh's brother Chad and his wife, and Josh's parents and 2 siblings. We had a huge table! Friday night we partied at our house with appetizers, birthday cake, and a few games. It was fun to get together with so many friends and have a house big enough to do it! The girls won the games (pictionary and catch phrase), as usual, while the guys insisted we were cheating, as usual. Sore losers is all I have to say about that. Macie was up for the beginning of the party and was very excited about all the people. It meant a lot of cell phones to talk on and shoes to wear. She was so cute! At one point she walked into the kitchen with a pair of high heels and a cell phone in hand...that's my girl!

Every year I make Josh's favorite, a lemon-glazed cake. And every year I get better at making it. I'm not a big fan of cake, but this one tasted pretty good! Macie was THRILLED to see the cake all lit up (literally) and everyone singing happy birthday. It is one of her favorite songs.

All in all we had a wonderful week of Halloween and birthdays and look forward to things slowing down again before Thanksgiving creeps up on us. So happy late birthday to my favorite guy who is the best husband in the world and cutest dad around. We love our Joshy!

6 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Happy Birthday Josh! Sorry we missed the big party. :)

Trish...your comment on my blog about crushing peppermint made me laugh. I forgot about that one! :)

LeMira said...

What cute hair you have, Trisha! And Happy Birthday, Josh.

The Boz said...

Happy late birthday to Josh. k- Macie is so darling! Seriously, I can hardly stand reading about all her little Macities! And, your hair looks so great...I love it curled like that! Anyway, i want to pick a weekend in Jan. or Feb. to come visit after the craziness of the holidays dies down. I miss you girls!

Robin D said...

Happy late B-day Josh! Little Macie is so cute and I'm glad she's feeling better.

Baldwin Fam said...

Diddo on the cute hair comment! And Macie was so cute in her duck costume, especially with the white tights!

The Tregeagles said...

You are the cutest family, it's fun to see all your comings and goings. We love you guys! Jordan, Erin and Sam