Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy Anniversary (and Thanksgiving too)

So this year our anniversary fell on Thanksgiving, Nov. 22nd. Yesssssss. Four years already; I can hardly believe it. It definitely seems substantially longer after watching our wedding video. Yes, I like to pull out the video on our anniversary eventhough it's cheesy. Halfway through I looked at Josh and asked him how much of that day he actually remembers. He said not much. It really is such a blur when it happens that it's funny to go back and watch it.

We decided to celebrate the day before Thanksgiving and went out to the rebel basketball game and then the Melting Pot. The game was great until the end when Louisville took a substantial lead and our rebels lost. We always go to the Melting Pot for dinner on our anniversary and, as usual, it was really good. Cheese fondue definitely holds a special place in my heart. I recommend it for anyone that hasn't been there already.

All in all, it has been a great 4 years filled with so much more than I would've imagined. I am really happy with where we are in our lives now, and most especially for our daughter Macie. There isn't a day that goes by where my little girl doesn't make us laugh. And Josh is the best husband and father I ever imagined. He really puts his 2 girls ahead of everything else and doesn't hesitate to do what it takes to take care of us. His willing attitude and desire to serve others is a great example to me. I truly am so lucky!



4 comments:

Parley and Katie Call said...

Cute! I think you are the only person besides me who wore a dress with elbow sleeves-they look so nice! But I was dumb and had mine in the middle of August! :)

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Happy Anniversary you two!

Tanner Family said...

Happy Annversary! You two are so cute, I love the wedding pictures!

Esther said...

Lovely post! It's great to hear about people who are still happy after 4 years of marriage. Four years sure goes by fast huh!