Monday, February 4, 2008

Ward Co-op

I joined a co-op group in my ward after a little persuasion from other mothers. About twice a month I have the co-op at my house for 3 hours in the morning. The maximum number of kids allowed is 6 per day, so each parent does have to call in advance if they're planning on having their child attend. Everyone "pays" for the time of their child with time coupons. It has really turned out to be a great thing since it rotates every day. If I have an appointment or something I need to do, it it very convenient to be able to send Macie over to play at someone else's home for a couple hours. She is one of the youngest in the co-op group, but definitely holds her own and thinks she is just as old as everyone else. She gets right into playing dress-up, dolls, princesses, you name it.

This picture above is a couple of her friends that came over last month during snack time. Today Macie had 2 girls over and it was so cute watching them play together. I found a recipie I had for homemade playdough that was so easy and very popular. We spent most of our time sculpting with pink dough.

4 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I seriously love this idea and might try to set it up in my ward! How fun!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Do you pay tickets for each kid you have? I would love to do this in my ward!

Esther said...

Neat idea, I love play groups. I think it's good for kids to get social interaction during the week. That's great how Macie does so well with the older children!

laurel said...

This is a great idea! Glad it's working out for you. I don't think I could handle it because my apartment is just too small. But luckily my friends here are super good about watching kids if there's appointments and stuff, plus we have playgroups several times a week anyway!