Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Fat Lady Sang

I flipped on the news this morning just in time to find out Romney was pulling out of the race. I was shocked first, then sad, followed by angry, and finally left with disappointment. Not in Mitt himself, but in our country. It's just sad to me that there seem to be diminishing numbers of conservatives out there, leaving me feeling like there's a huge magnet attracting people farther and farther to the left.

The more I think about Romney's speech the more I understand what's happening here. I do support Mitt's decision because I see what he's getting at with preventing a Democratic candidate from getting into office. Now is the time to let McCain mount his support as much as possible to give him a fighting chance in November. Yes, Romney could've continued to campaign and spend, but if those numbers can't crunch in your favor stepping aside is wise. Romney is irrefutably very smart, and I know he'll be back. To do as well as he did gives me hope for the future, be it distant, but hope nonetheless.

I'm not sure who I will vote for now. Time will tell. I do have strong feelings about the war and I can't see myself voting for someone who is against it. I've gotten too tired tossing it all around all day, so all I can do right now is accept what I have to accept and move on.

5 comments:

Baldwin Fam said...

I feel your pain. I'm at a loss for who I'll vote for now too. Unfortunately, I tend to think that Hillary in the end will beat Obama and then what are we left with? Hillary and McCain? Yuck.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I was talking to Wes about this last night. It's going to boil down to...out of the two I disklike...who do I like the most?

The Tregeagles said...

The very sad thing is how defeated we all feel. I was fortunate to do campaign work for him here in SLC. We all worked hard for him, prayed for him and educated ourselves on his record. It's hard when you know his character, you put all your trust and support behind him and the media and strangers smash it all to bits. All we can do is continue to support his ideas, remain loyal and hope for 2012 to come quickly.

bbcurfew said...

Basically, I think we're out of luck! McCain is pretty much a Democrat in diguise. He just needs to admit it. So, looks like we'll be run by a Liberal leader... we are just left with choosing the lesser of two evils (sad how that works!)

Candace said...

I am still really sad over the whole thing. The day that he withdrew from the race. Tyler came home for lunch and asked if I need a hug....
I still don't know who I am going to vote for...Maybe Mickey Mouse.