My little Macie...she is such a funny girl. She does something that makes me laugh everyday. Her personality is so distinct, and she hasn't even turned 2 yet! She is very particular (I wonder where she gets that) and kind of bossy (I have no idea where she gets that). I guess the apple doesn't fall from the tree!
Whenever I am in the kitchen it's not long until I hear the screeching of a kitchen chair across the tile floor. Macie pushes her chair up to where I'm working and announces "I tooking too." This has evolved into quite the process. First she wants not only to wear an apron herself, but to make sure I have one on too. She then likes to have utensils or measuring cups and spoons handy. He favorite thing to make is dough because she likes to "do rolling".
.
As you can imagine, it now takes me a bit longer to cook than before so Macie can be involved. She likes to help pour, dump, scoop, stir, measure, etc. I have to try to get everything out on the island so I don't end up with multiple chairs at all the countertops, and of course I don't want to be near the stove. Now that she's getting to be quite the sous chef she's expanding out to wanting her own mixing bowl, stir herself, and clean the dishes. (Cleaning mostly consists of her putting spoonfuls of water into a bowl and continuing to stir it up.)
.
She is quite darling about the whole thing and I love her desire to help. I really enjoy cooking myself and it's fun to do together eventhough it definitely makes more work for me. I am amazed at the attention span she has for it; that girl will be in the kitchen helping as long as it takes to get things prepared. It may just all be for her love of food because Macie is an excellent eater. She likes to try and sneak tastes as she goes. She's had some pretty nasty ones but it doesn't deter her much.
8 comments:
I noticed in your pictures that Macie is staring at the Bosch. Luke does that too, except that he always tries to put his hand in it when it's on! So very scary!
I love how it looks like she's trying to make sure your arm is still stirring even while getting your picture taken!
hey trisha! it is monica from wymount. I saw your blog on danica's blog.. Good to see how you guys are doing! It has been a long time! Macie is adorable and so smart! We just had another baby! email me and i can invite you to our blog (monicascott04@yahoo.com)
Such a big helper! It's so cute when they want to do things like adults do. :)
How fun! She's getting sooo big.
I feel like it's been a long time since I've seen pictures of Macie - she is getting so big! Love her ponytail. Cooking with kids is lots of fun. Avery is always asking "can we make something?"
That is so cute. She is really a beautiful girl. I hope Lizette will like to cook like Macie.
How cute! Kyle used to always love to help. He goes in phases now-enjoy it!
Post a Comment