Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Political Venting

Until now I have refrained from commenting about the politics, but that's going to end. What a disappointing day yesterday was. I am still in shock at the huge lead McCain now has among the Republican delegates. How did this happen? Are there that many liberal republicans out there? And where did Huckabee come from?

My personal opinion is that Huckabee's victories came from folks not wanting to vote for McCain or Romney. How sad. It really is unfortunate that the southern "Bible belt" mostly wrote off Romney for religious reasons. Can't you just picture them saying (in a southern accent),"I'd be damned if I ever voted for a Mormon." I sure can. I really have a low tolerance for bigotry. And the sad part is that is a conservative portion of the country that really could've helped Romney.

So obviously I'm a Romney supporter and cringe at the thought of McCain getting the GOP nomination. We all know he will lose in the final election to a democrat anyway, so why give him the chance now? I'm not going to go on and on about why I don't like McCain, but it really isn't that hard to figure out if you do a little research. I've really agreed with and enjoyed reading the comments on Cristin's blog f0llowing the election, and I do have something to add. If you are a conservative republican in California and did not vote, then shame on you and don't tell me, because I will hold it against you. (Ok, not really, but I do feel strongly about voting). Hopefully in the near future we will see an exciting development in a positive direction. Keep your fingers crossed!

5 comments:

Parley and Katie Call said...

Amen to everything...and people better be voting or else they need to go and hide! I totally know what you mean about the whole bible belt thing, I just said the same thing to Parley today! Uughh!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Couldn't agree more with everything you said.

Cristin said...

I agree. I think there is a lot of hatred towards Mormons in the Bible Belt. It's sad that people are so bigoted.

Lindsey said...

I got your comment but I don't have your email address! you can send it to me at dinzybell@hotmail

laurel said...

Did you see my post about voting in NY?

Sad about Romney.