Thursday morning Josh and I were getting some things done around the house when I mentioned how this weekend would be a nice time to go out of town. Since it's General Conference weekend we didn't have too many things planned, so that afternoon we packed up the car (and Macie) and headed to my parents' house. We told my dad we were coming, but not my mom. We arrived around 11:00 pm and my dad was waiting outside. Macie had been sleeping for hours, and waking up to see Papi standing there was very exciting for her. My dad took her in the house and said, "Diane, look who I found outside!" Josh and I came walking in just after that and my mom was still frozen. She looked like a deer in the headlights, it was so funny!
We have been having a great time so far and probably won't be home until Tuesday. I've got some great pictures to post then. In the meantime, we're enjoying the colder change in weather, the gorgeous mountainside, and the wildlife. Macie missed the quail, squirrels, deer, and hawks that pass by the house. I was just here several weeks ago, and since then there were 2 black bears caught in town and a mountain lion sighting. We haven't seen any so far. Needless to say, we don't let Macie wander off by herself.
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Surprise!
Posted by
Trisha
at
12:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How sweet of you guys to surprise your mom. I bet she was super excited!
I love to surprise people, it's so fun to see their reactions!
Yeah for vacation! One of these days I'm really going to call you in person, I swear I will.:)
I love being spontaneous! Glad you're having fun and enjoying the wildlife!
Post a Comment