Today was a monumental day for Macie because I finally thought I saw enough hair to try a new style. The outcome: "piggies." I had to have her hair wet so I could slick as much as I could into the ponytails. You can hardly even tell they're in from the front! They turned out quite cute, but didn't last more than 20 minutes before one was out. She won't leave them alone! When I do the ponytail on top she doesn't really bother it, but this must have felt different to her I guess. The hassle of constantly trying to put them back in and getting a smaller amount of hair each time made me realize we'll have to wait until she grows a bit more hair until we try the piggies again.
We also took Macie in for her 18 month well check today, but unfortunately the doctor doesn't prescribe anything to make hair grow faster. We did find out that Macie weighs 24 pounds (barely over the 50th percentile) and is 33 inches tall (barely above the 80th percentile). She was talking and talking the whole time, in true Macie fashion, and the doctor said he could tell she was smart (duh!) and didn't have to ask how many words she could say. I really have no idea anymore anyway. She was a great trooper when she got her shot and only cried for a second. We took her shopping afterwards to get her stocked up on a fall wardrobe. I also ran into the cutest Halloween costume at The Children's Place and had to buy it. I've been contemplating what she should be this year, and when I saw it I knew I had to get it. I'm debating whether or not I should show a picture this early and ruin the surprise. It's so cute I can hardly stand it!
11 comments:
Ok, you have to post a picture because I really want to see what it is! I bought Tucker a pumpkin outfit for newborns but who knows if he'll even be able to fit into it since he'll barely be a week old. We'll see! PS- Macie is so cute with her little head of hair!!
Yeah... just post the picture of the Halloween costume!
I guess there are some good things about having a boy - you don't have to worry about lack of hair. Macie sure is cute though with her itsy bitsy pigtails.
I love her little piggies. Milana has a rat's tail that is several shades darker than the rest of her hair, lovely!
I love piggies on a girl. And about the hair thing, I don't think I really had much hair until I was three or four. Hopefully Macie's will come in sooner.
Oh, and I want to see the costume, too!
I say hold the picture of the halloween costume. :) I'm always up for a good surprise!
She's adorable!
Okay so I love the new blog! She is so cute with her little pig tails!
I've still never given Elisabeth a haircut or trim, not even to her bangs. Some kids it just takes a while :). Now Charles on the other hand gets haircuts at least once a month.
Those little hair stubs crack me up! I actually haven't even tied piggies like that, I just divide the hair on the top in half and do them.:) So, humm, I'm gonna need to call you for a playdate.
She is so cute, I would just love to hear her babble on. And don't listen to 'Lindsay & Weston' show us the pictures of her Halloween gear! You have me really curious now!
And I love the new layout. Where do you go to find the cute background?
The piggies are sooo cute!!!! I can't wait to try to do a little girls hair!
i love macie!
Post a Comment