The past 3 weekends have been very busy for us but so much fun! I'm going to try to catch up on our recent activities. Last weekend when we were in Genoa we went on an impromptu plane ride. After conference on Sunday we were outside playing volleyball when a young family from the ward drove up. They are building a house on my parents' street and were driving by to check the progress. The husband, Rob, used to be a flight instructor and now has a private plane. Josh was very glad to meet him because he really wants to get his pilots license. Anyway, after talking a bit my dad asked how the flight over Lake Tahoe looks, and Rob offered to take us up to see. We drove the entire 10 minutes to the Minden airport (so much closer than the hour to Reno!), parked in front of the hangar and jumped on the plane. Rob took up Josh and I and my mom and dad on his 6-seater plane. Josh jumped in front and as soon as we took off Rob had him take the controls. He had the time of his life! I, on the other hand, was scared to death with Josh at the controls. He did great and it was actually pretty neat. The flight over Lake Tahoe is absolutely gorgeous! I have to admit that having your own plane is pretty handy.Josh the co-pilot in action before take-off.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Come Fly With Me
Posted by
Trisha
at
9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How fun, and how scary at the same time! I would probably would have been hanging on for dear life and been trying to enjoy the view at the same time.
Like Josh, Erik also wants to get his pilot's license SO badly. It's a daily conversation. I've gone up once where the pilot let him fly and I was freaked out too.
How cool....even though small planes scare me to death!
I can't believe that you have gotten so brave! That sounds like so much fun! Way to go Josh!
I would love to have a private plane, but I'll never allow Kirk to do the flying!
Hey Trish, Something is screwed up with your background pics! You have probably already noticed. Wow! that looks like a sweet plane! Do you know what kind it was? I can see the name Mirage on the seat, but am not familiar with that kind of airplane.
Erik, I know absolutely nothing about planes so I have no answers for you. You can ask Josh: jt.waldron@gmail.com. He does nothing with blogs so email is the best way.
Post a Comment