This past week has been a whirlwind of great surprises. First of all, my mom's doctors in Salt Lake released her to go home last Saturday. They worked everything out with her doctor in Reno and home health care to make sure she receives the medications and ivs that she needs. My dad flew to Salt Lake on Friday and drove her down to Vegas on Saturday. It was my mom's first time leaving Utah after 3 long months. What an exciting day for her! She looks great and it was so fun to have her in town to play with her grandkids.
Another wonderful surprise stemmed from a miserable situation for my sister. She was overdue with her baby and dying to have her out. But since she was late, my mom was here for the birth. Beautiful Sadie Roses Facer was born Monday afternoon. She weighed 7 lbs. 15 oz. and was 18.5 in long. I was also able to be there for the birth and it was so amazing.
My parents left on Tuesday with my younger siblings, Alex and Miranda, who lived with us for the entire summer break. They were so anxious to go home to Genoa and get back to their lives. It has been quite the rollercoaster this summer and they were excellent troopers. Mel and Kip also came home from the hospital on Tuesday and it's fun having a new baby in the house. Macie LOVES Sadie to death. She wants to hold and hug (more like squeeze) her all the time.
Now that everyone is gone it feels strange because we were used to having a house full with family and friends coming in and out all summer long. Macie misses all the people but it's nice to tone things down a bit. My rope was starting to get pretty short! Actually, I am thankful I've had the opportunity to visit my mom, have my siblings and other visitors with us, run the house, and welcome a new baby to the family. What else are families for but to take care of one another!
5 comments:
I love the news and pictures Trisha. I hope all goes well in Genoa for two weeks-It is so great that you can go help your mom out and take care of your brother and sister. Also, I know how much help and someone to talk to means when you are sick.
Love,
Suzanne
I'm so glad to hear about your mom's progress. I'm sure it'll be nice for her to be home in her own surroundings.
Yea for your mom! I know ya'll are so glad she's home. She looks great and I hope you enjoy your down time.
This is just full of wonderful news! I'm so glad to hear that your mom is doing so well and congradulations to Melanie too!
Congrats Melanie! So happy for you guys & can't wait to meet Sadie. Love the name!
Glad your mom is doing well, too. That was great news to hear. We'll see you guys when you get back from Genoa...
Post a Comment