Let me first start off with the good stuff. Macie and I got up early to go sit outside in the miserable heat for the Summerlin July 4th parade. Josh had to work, what a bummer, so I met up with my brother's family and ended up seeing Josh's grandma there too. We were fortunate enough to get a spot in the shade. The kids didn't mind at all; Macie loved the big balloons, floats, and especially the horses. She is her mama's girl! Afterwards we walked to IHOP across the street to have brunch. We then went home to go swimmimg and had some friends over too. We had a BBQ in the evening and then were planning to go to the fireworks show at the Hills Park, but Macie and I were really wiped out from all the heat so we went to bed instead.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Not So Happy 4th of July
This is Macie with her great-grandma at the parade.
Here's my brother Ben with his youngest, baby Gus.
This is where the "not so fun" part comes in. I woke up a few hours after I went to sleep with bad stomach pain. I spent the entire night with the most violent stomach flu I've ever had. By morning Josh had it, then Macie (though hers was extremely mild, thank goodness) and my sister. It was so miserable! I was so weak that I couldn't pick Macie up. I easily lost 5 pounds when all was said and done. We are all better now, except for my little brother who got sick today. I know of several other people who have had the same thing within the last week. So watch out...something nasty is going around!
Posted by
Trisha
at
8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm glad that you're feeling better. Sorry that you were sick. 5 lbs is a lot to lose fast-did you gain it back?
That's what happened to my family on our vacation this year. It started with Ali and made it's way through almost everyone. It absolutely sucked. I've never been that sick before. Was it Melanie that got it? Being pregnant made everything even worse.
Oh yuck. I am so sorry. I remember having something like that once. I would wake up throwing up in bed... sorry if that is TMI, but it really is gross... hope you feel better.
Well at least your day had some fun parts to it. I'm glad it didn't last too long and that Macie only had the mild version. A sick kid is the worst.
That is terrible! I hate the stomach flu, throwing up is so gross. I am glad you guys are feeling better.
Awful! You are brave for going to the parade- I could barely stand to open the door that day, let alone sit outside for a parade!
Post a Comment