With a couple new popular food places opening up in town I find myself drawn into the "food craze." What is it about these places that attracts so many people who want to keep coming back non-stop? I believe it to be some sort of addictive compound added to the food. There's no other explanation. The 2 places I'm referencing here are Golden Spoon and Cafe Rio.
Let's start with Golden Spoon. The non-fat frozen yogurt is pretty good. I like the variety of flavors and the toppings are all your standard crushed candies, nuts, etc. When I am in the mood for Golden Spoon I have to go because nothing else will satisfy the craving. (And no, I'm not pregnant.) However, when I'm eating my frozen yogurt I always seem a little disappointed, like I remember it tasting better before or something. Not that it tastes bad; it just tastes like any other frozen yogurt to me. So this is why it doesn't make sense to me. I always have to go back! A week later I decide I need it again. Why is that???
Ok, now on to Cafe Rio. I know there are many devout Cafe Rio fans out there. I have always liked Cafe Rio, but find several other places to be pretty similar. Bajios, Durango Grill...what's the difference? But now that there is a Cafe Rio in town I want to go there every so often. My food tastes good, but once again nothing so special that I just can't believe it. What's the deal??? Why am I drawn to things that I find "not bad" again and again?
Monday, July 30, 2007
Food Craze
Posted by
Trisha
at
1:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I think its not just the food, but also the atmosphere. If the restaurant has a good vibe you'll keep coming back. Plus the drugs that they sneak into their products!
That's very interesting. I don't have that problem with Golden Spoon ~ I always love it! I think part of the reason I love it though is because I know it's healthier than other icecream options so it makes me feel like I'm not eating anything "bad". As a matter of fact, we're going to go there tonight!
I kinda see where you're coming from with Cafe Rio....it's good but I'm kind of over it. I'm not over Bajio's though. Still could eat there every day.
I agree with you 100%. Andrew and I loved Cafe Rio when we were in Provo and when I was in Utah in April for a wedding, I just had to go back. And it was just an alright burrito. But it's just something about that place that if I'm in town, I must go. Does Golden Spoon still make their pumpkin yogurt? That was the best!
I could eat at Bajio everyday as well. I've never thought Cafe Rio was anything that great. One of my friends got a bug in one of her salads there, and another time had bits of glass in her salad and she still keeps going back. It's weird to see the line going out the door for something so average.
I have an addiction to Qdoba. It is a place I found in Provo, and now there is one by my work so now I beg everyone to always go there! I also found out that they are building one right off the 2-15 on my way home...and that means dinner time can be Qdoba time! I know...as soon as I wrote it I realized how ridiculous it is.
You're making me hungry just thinking of Cafe Rio. We don't have anything like that here. I never could tell much of a differance from the 3. I would kill for one of their salads!
Post a Comment