I thought I should update my blog since Macie and I are leaving tomorrow for the week to go back to Salt Lake. (Not that I'm that great at updating my blog in the first place, but I'm trying to get better at it.) My mom is out of the hospital but staying in an apartment close by for her recovery. She isn't allowed to go too far until next month at the earliest. There are still many precautions that she needs to take and someone always has to be there with her. My dad was there the first two weeks after she was released, then my sister, and now me! My grandparents have also been filling in as needed. It is much less stressful that she is now out of the hospital, but now we have to make sure she takes all of her medications, give her an IV when needed, take her temperature, and anything else as needed by the doctors. They continue to say that she is doing well and having a good recovery. So far there hasn't been many signs of graft vs host disease, which puts her back into the hospital, so that has been good. We are all just moving right along and praying that her recovery will continue to run smoothly and that she will be in remission when they test her in September. That is the one thing I always worry about. At this point we just don't know. However, her good recovery is definitely a good sign and we have faith that she can make a complete recovery. I look forward to seeing her tomorrow!
In the meantime, my little Macie is starting to really talk like crazy. It is hilarious. I love the sound of her sweet little voice when she tries so hard to say words. It is such a fun stage right now! Here are some of my favorite words she says: "pees" for please, "taynt" for thank-you, "annie" for my mom who the grandkids call Mami Annie, "side" for outside, "sauce" for applesauce, and "owie" for ow or ouch. This cute photo captures Macie enjoying her favorite pasttime, trying on shoes.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Back to Utah
Posted by
Trisha
at
8:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Have a nice week in Utah with your mom. I am so glad to hear that she continues to do well. Let us know if you need anything.
Can't wait to see Macie again, hopefully soon! She really is growing up fast. She is always doing something new everytime we see her.
Macie is sooo cute! Hope things are good in Utah with your mom and that she continues to have a strong recovery.
I'm so glad things are picking up for your mom. Have a safe trip to Utah.
Tell Josh he better start saving his money now b/c between the two of you girls he's going to go broke with all that shoe shopping!
Macie has such a good fashion sense. I hope that your mom continues to recover.
I am glad that your mom is doing better. Eat Cafe Rio for me in Utah, I miss that place. I love that Macie is such a girly girl, its so cute.
Trisha,
I think of your mom often especially since she is in a similar situation just further along in her recovery. She is a great example to me. I'm hoping for her full recovery. What tests are they going to do in September? PET scans, CAT scans. MRI's? I'll probably have a PET scan in September.
Macie is so dang cute. I love it when they talk! What great medicine for your mom to enjoy!
Post a Comment