Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Utah Trip Recap

Macie and I had a great time on our trip to Utah. It was so nice to be with my mom when she isn't in the hospital. My stress level is a lot lower when life is more normal. We stayed in an apartment my dad is renting in downtown Salt Lake, just a couple minutes from LDS Hospital. She has to be close in case of an emergency and goes to the hospital weekly to see her doctors. My mom is doing excellent in her recovery so far. She has about 15 pills to take every day and also has to have an IV put in every afternoon to keep extra fluids in her body. We have all thesupplies and do it ourselves. She has a small backpack to carry the IV around in so it's pretty convenient. Because her immune system is adjusting and coming back, she can't be in crowded places and has a mask to wear when she goes out. She does get tired pretty easily too. We mostly spent time hanging around the apartment having a good time. Macie loved the attention, of course.


Every time we left the apartment we had to take Macie's "pack-pack", as she calls it, with her favorite toys.

We stopped by Liberty Park one afternoon to feed the geese. It was Macie's first time! She was pretty excited to see them upclose, but wanted me right with her. At first she wanted to eat the bread herself, but after she finally threw a piece and saw how quickly one of the geese snatched it up she got excited and yelled "BITE!"

Mami Annie bought Macie a fun toy that involved matching animals. Macie loved it and played all the time.

It is so great and such a relief to all of us that my mom is having a great recovery. This whole process has been so draining and it's finally feeling like we're coming up. My mom just can't wait to get back to real life and feel "normal" again, as can I. I know I'm a grown woman now, but I still want my mom back!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

That's great news about your mom. So nice to not have to worry so much any more. I bet your mom loved having Macie around. She is so darn cute! She looks so happy and active and I can't believe the things that she says. Liam still grunts and talks gibberish and he's a couple of months older? I love how she yelled "BITE" when she fed the geese. Cute! Cute! Cute!

Robin D said...

Your mom this fantastic! I would never guess she's been through so much in the past few years by the way she looks.
I love the picture w/ Macie and her 'pack pack' she looks so much like Josh in that pic I can't believe it!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

That is great news & your mom looks great.

Love the backpack and that she yelled "bite" at the geese. How cute is she! I need to see her soon. :)

Weston said...

I think your mom is looking really good in the pictures. It is good to hear that she is doing really well.

Cristin said...

I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing better. Very cute pictures of Macie too.

Danica said...

So glad to hear your mom is doing well in her recovery. She is blessed to have such loving family to take care of her. Macie is such a doll. She's a little miniature Josh (but in a pretty little girl way, haha).

Candace said...

I am happy that your mom is making a great recovery. I love the picture of Macy in her backpack. So cute.

Gina said...

That is great news! I'm glad you all are able to come be with her. Please let me know if there is anything I can do when you're in town or even if you just have some extra time to "play". I would love it.