Monday, January 26, 2009

Stocking Up: My Worst Nightmare

Why is it that I can never find everything I need at one grocery store? Ideally I need to go to Costco, Walmart, and Smiths to get what I want. I guess that would be plausible if I want to be committed at a young age. I like Costco for the bulk items, but it drives me crazy that I can't find certain things at Smiths and have to go to Walmart, or vice versa. Come on people! AND, whoever thought of placing the candy and small toys at the checkout area obviously never had small children. Macie ALWAYS wants new gum and other random things. "Mom, tan I have dis? Please, please, PLEASE!"

6 comments:

Gina said...

That is exactly why they put them there. Knowing that some of us are weak sometimes and give in to our kids. It's all about the money. How cruel!!

Cristin said...

I know. I have it down to a science. I hit different grocery stores for different items. It can get pretty bad and you start wondering if it's worth it. It probably isn't, but I do it anyway.

Unknown said...

Sam is just starting to notice all the fun and silly things in the check out line. Walmart seems to be the worst. Sam always wants silly things like mini packs of tampons (because the little wrappers look like candy), or anti bacterial hand goo. He fancies the mini lint rollers too. Keep up the good work Trisha. You al look so cute!

Anonymous said...

Sadie screams for the candy. It's awesome.

Chad & Emylee said...

hey you! lovn the blog! i feel the same way about the check stand with chad! lol! he's my kid! lol! miss ya! hope all is well!

Britney said...

Seriously, it is horrible. You would think that the cashiers would be tired of hearing kids throwing fits in the check out line because of this, and move them. But NO. Cruel money vultures.