Monday, January 5, 2009

Snow Day

One of the things I really like about living in a warm place is the fact that it doesn't snow in the winter. This is no longer true! I woke up one morning and was surprised to see huge snowflakes falling to the ground. By the afternoon we ventured out to play. Macie enjoyed eating the snow and throwing snowballs. She and Josh played until dark with the neighbor kids. The snowfall lasted well into the evening but melted almost all away the next day. I don't remember ever seeing this much snow in Vegas.



My sister Lisa came over to play.

A little strange to see Josh checking the pool chemicals while it was snowing.

View from our back door.

Josh and Macie went down to the green belt where there was more snow to play in.


It was fun for a day but I'm glad it's gone. I got so sick of the snow when we lived in Utah. No thanks!

4 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

The snow was crazy! But I loved every minute of it because I knew it wouldn't last. :)

Fun updates . . . the sugar cookies look like a hit.

Cristin said...

Wow, snow in Vegas! That's crazy.

7 Baldwin's said...

Seriously- do you remember in high school when it sprinkled snow and we all ran out side to see and we're all tardy for the next class? Anyways- I just can't get over that they closed all the schools in vegas for a few inches of snow. A snow day in vegas- why didn't that happen when we were in school...

Danica said...

looks like fun! global warming schmobal warming.