Sunday, June 1, 2008

Getting There

I've definitely noted by now that I am not a consistent blogger. I have had good intentions to update my blog lately, but it just doesn't happen. I'm so tired! And as usual, things are very busy with all the commotion at our house. My sister is finally hitting crunch time for her wedding (June 28th) and we couldn't be happier to start the countdown ourselves! I love Lisa, but wedding planning isn't the funnest thing in the world. Things just haven't been pretty lately trying to get invitations out, details taken care of, etc. I have a feeling this will drag out to the very end. Let's just say my sister is very young and is still learning how to be an adult.

We threw a fun bridal shower brunch for my sister earlier in the month and everything turned out great. I have gotten so bored with the traditional shower games, so we decided to spruce things up a bit and do something new. It included blindfolding the bride and having her put on a bag of clothing and accessories in a certain time frame. You can see some of the result of that in the picture below of me with my Mom and sisters Lisa and Mel. What you may not be able to notice is her reddened face. We also blindfolded people at the shower and had them apply make-up to her face. Not only was it hilarious, but the final result was even a bit scary. I don't have pictures on my computer, but you can imagine I'm sure. Needless to say, we weren't bored with those games! Too bad she cleaned it off before the picture.

My mom showed off her artistic abilites and made a great fruit tray complete with a carved watermelon. Too bad I wasn't blessed with any artistic genes. I couldn't even get the crepe paper to look nice so she had to do the decorations too. I have no creative vision. All in all things went well and we had a great time.

2 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

That fruit platter looks amazing! I'm glad you weren't in charge of my bridal shower! :) Sounds like the bride-to-be got the brunt of those games!

Anonymous said...

You look great Trisha-you don't look very pregnant. You only look a little rounded-hope you can get some sleep.