I am so excited to announce that after 2 1/2 months I finally broke down and bought a new camera! Our last camera took it's final pictures at Macie's birthday party (late March) while we were outside hitting the pinata. Sadly it met the pavement with the lens open in a moment of excitement and, well, that was the end of that. Needless to say, our video camera has gotten more use over these last few months than it ever has before, but there are still fun things I wish I could have caught in still pictures.
We prolonged buying a new camera because I wanted a major upgrade: the Canon Rebel XTi. After searching and searching for good deals, I just couldn't bring myself to spend such a large chunk of change. So I settled for a Nikon Coolpix P80, and have been very satisfied since I bought it yesterday. I feel like I got a good bridge between the SLR and a regular point-and-shoot digital camera. A big plus for me is the size; it's not small enough where I'll drop it (hopefully!), yet not too big to carry around everywhere. The quality and features are SO much better than what I've had before too. I'm looking forward to learning about cameras and sharpening my photography skills. All I remember from photography class senior year of high school was showing up late and Anna spending lots of time in the dark room. Go figure, right? I know some of you remember those days!
Of course I had to experiment with the 18x zoom, and my napping husband was the perfect subject.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Oh Happy Day
Posted by
Trisha
at
9:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Congrats on the new camera. It looks like it takes AWESOME photos..
Nice camera. Yeah, we have the big SLR, it's nice, but I need something little to carry around in my diaper bag. This camera you bought looks great!
Glad you love the camera! I wish I would have gotten that one instead of my little Canon Powershot. I love my SLR Canon Rebel but it is a little too big to haul around to everything!
We do have the Canon XTi (Matt insisted), and we love it. I do agree it is a little big to carry everywhere, and your camera takes great pictures. Isn't it so nice to have a good camera?
whoop, whoop!
Congrats on the new camera. I am sure it will be great for you!
I'm excited to see the masterpieces a'la Tri'cia!!! I wish we lived close...there are a few community ed classes on lighting and more advanced photography and all that jazz...I've been thinking of taking them. MOVE TO UTAH! :)
Hope things are great and that you are feeling good.
Ali
Does Josh know you did this post?! That's so mean! haha well, he can take it.
Post a Comment