Wednesday, June 18, 2008

To the Nice People

I've been pleasantly surprised lately by the niceness of random strangers. I don't live in a city full of friendly people, but apparently there still are some out there. Two days ago I was at Costco loading the trunk after doing some shopping. A greasy mechanic guy came over and lifted the large watermelon and gallons of milk into the car. Wow, I really didn't expect that. If I still lived in Utah I would, but not here. Today I was steering a large cart full of groceries out to the car and realized someone was walking right behind me. Once again a rough, grimy looking man told me he wanted to put the bags in my car for me. I was shocked again. Both times the guys that helped me did not look like friendly people, but I guess that's exactly why we aren't told to judge. My faith in humanity is being restored! Now the question is, are these people really that nice or do I look that large and uncomfortable that people can't help but feel bad for me?

8 comments:

Cristin said...

That is very nice. I would be afraid that those guys were going to hurt me if they came close. I guess my faith in humanity is lacking. You need to post a picture of your big pregnant self so that I can answer the question of whether or not people can't help but feel bad for you.

Elisa said...

Yes, I agree. Let's see some pregnant belly pictures!

Anonymous said...

Looks like life is good for the Waldrons. Your baby girl is adorable. Keep in touch through allison's blog!
Jay Linford (bishop byu140)

J.J. said...

Hooray for gentlemen! No matter the package! Some moms did well when raising their kids! Big high fives to those men and their wives and moms! :) I'm always nicely surprised by people too. It's a blessing~!
Ali

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I had the same experience when I was pregnant! People ALWAYS offered to load my car, return my cart, etc. It was so nice! I think it's that we just look uncomfortable and we shouldn't be lifting heavy things because it hasn't happened since. :)

Parley and Katie Call said...

So good to know there are helpful people out there. And when I ran into you the other day, I thought your belly was super-cute!

Valerie said...

I am with Cristin on being scared, but I am glad that you gave them the opportunity to do something nice for someone else.

DeLaBlog said...

i have a new blog. delablogtimes2.blogspot.com