Let's just say things have been going a little differently lately. Issues, circumstances, pressures...we all reach a point. I really don't want to blame my behavior on the pregnancy, but it certainly doesn't help when I am completely exhausted. I'm comparable to a cranky toddler if I don't get a nap. I think it's fair to say I've become a Momzilla: that crazy person that no one wants to be around because she's out of control. My patient husband has been a large recipient of my irrational mood swings, but luckily he still likes me. To deal with my issues, I've been spotted zoning out in front of the TV at night flipping through channels. I never resort to that kind of distraction. It's been bad. Don't get worried, I'm not neglecting my child. I'm pretty much only sane around Macie these days. Needless to say, it's time for action.
Josh tried to surprise me with a trip this weekend, but I got it out of him before he got too far in the planning process. We're heading up to San Francisco on Friday morning without Macie. She'll be staying home with my sister Mel. I'm actually not trying to think about the whole part about leaving Macie for the first time ever, but that's a whole separate issue in itself. We'll see if I get on the plane or not. However, it will be fun to visit my cousin Natalie and her husband Greg that we haven't seen in a long time and get some time away from my home-self. Maybe it will help me be my own self again. I don't think I've truly understood the meaning of "needing a vacation" until I got to the point where my sanity depends on it.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Momzilla
Posted by
Trisha
at
11:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Wow, what a great husband!! I think I'd have to plan the vacation myself to get one without Jackson. I hope it does you some good!
I really want Erik to read this post about you zoning out in front of the television. I did this a lot during this pregnancy because I was SO tired, I just couldn't do anything else and Erik gives me the hardest time about it. This trip will be good for you. It is really nice to be without a toddler for a few days. Believe me.
How sweet of Josh!! Have a great trip!!
How fun Trisha! OK, I know it's hard to think of leaving your little girl for the first time. We left Avery with my mom when she was 22 months. Let me tell you that it was awesome :) I was sad on the way to the airport, and by the time we were on the plane I was over it!! It was honestly like a second honeymoon. Try to enjoy it - Macie is in great hands!
Way to go Josh! It's nice to have a break. I was always so tired with the second pregancy-probably because I wasn't up chasing 25 kids and having to stay awake! Tell Natalie hello.
What fun for you! I hope ya'll have a great trip and congrats on the new baby! I have Kaiden in a similar shirt (for boys) in tears too trying to get a good pic to send to both sets of parents!
I can't believe how grown macie has gotten, i enjoyed the pics from the last 2 years.
What a great surprise. It is probably a well deserved vacation. HAVE FUN.
p.s. I too sometimes get in those moods, I am not pregnant, so what is my excuse?
Oh I miss Natalie... not Greg so much hahaha, but I am jealous of your fun weekend!
You better get on that plane! I'm already looking forward to a trip without the little dude this summer. :) As long as they are in good hands (which Macie will be)...just enjoy yourself.
I hope you get just as excited to ride the trolley as you did a few years ago. And beware of china town...the fish SMELL. :)
And one more thing...you can blame it on the pregnancy. I swear those hormones make us a whole new person sometimes!
Look at it this way, for every little momzilla moment there are 50 more moments that are memorable and sweet!
Post a Comment