Sunday, April 29, 2007

Jewel Thief


At only 13 months, Macie is already a definite girly-girl. Not only is she into wearing big people shoes, hats, watches and sunglasses, but jewelry as well. I had to get her some of her own necklaces and she wears them all the time. Here's a story to give you a better idea of what it's like:

Josh, Macie and I were out at Target the other evening and I wanted to get a new pair of earrings. We headed over to the jewelry section and Macie flipped out. She was walking up and down the aisle pulling the necklaces off the wall. Luckily they were all the large beaded ones where she could reach, so as she pulled one off she put it around her neck and kept going. It was so exciting for her to see all the colors and different kinds that she was talking and yelling the whole time. Josh followed her around putting them back here or there as he could get one off. I wish I had my camera with me because at one point she had at least 10 necklaces on and was the cutest thing. People were smiling and and pointing and Macie was loving the attention and smiling and talking to everyone. I intended to put everything back after the novelty wore off and didn't think it was a big deal. HOWEVER, there was a store employee there who stood behind the counter glaring at us the entire time. I was extremely annoyed because all Macie was doing was trying them on. Hello, that's what everyone does. I guess the employee thought we were irresponsible parents and deemed herself keeper of the cheap plastic jewelry. By the time we put everything back and left the store she was no where to be found. No doubt she was in the break room telling others about the jewel thief she caught.

8 comments:

Cristin said...

Ha ha, "keeper of the cheap plastic jewelry"... that's funny. You're right. It was Target, not Tiffanys! It's funny how different strangers are around children. Some laugh at anything and some are so annoyed.

Danica said...

Funny story. By the way, is that little ditty you're wearing from Target? I saw it there and thought it was so cute!

LeMira said...

That's hilarious! Watch out, soon she'll be into picking out which clothes you buy her.

Tanner Family said...

I love that she is a girly girl. I love Target jewelry its cheap and really cute!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I can just see her loving her own jewelry! My niece always tries to pull my necklace off so maybe I should just invest in some Abbie jewelry too so she has her own! :)

She's adorable. I must see her soon!

Amanda said...

I love that she is a girlie girl! I wish that I could have been there to see her. I can't belive that she is getting so big!

The Boz said...

That's great! I'm so glad I got to come out there, so now i have a better idea of what she is like and her little developing personality! So cute!

The Dan Baldwin Family said...

Oh- too cute! I love the pic- Macie's expression is priceless!