Monday, March 19, 2007

Baby + 7 hr. road trip = Not Fun

We decided to take advantage of Josh's school break and headed up to visit my parents in Genoa. We've always flown before but decided to drive this time; I'm not quite sure why. Macie actually wasn't too bad, but she wasn't great either. She slept 2 hrs. each way and had lots of snacks to keep her entertained. She loves to do actions to songs like itsy bitsy spider, wheels on the bus, patty cake, and I'm a little teapot. I think we read her animal books about 50 times. And then there was the whining to get out of her seat when she got bored. Everytime we stopped the car for a bathroom break or to get gas she would start screaming with joy and kicking her legs. Next time we're flying for sure.


This picture is from our front yard, not from the vacation. I think its really cute. She likes to explore the yard and pick up leaves and rocks. I'll post some pictures from the trip once I download them. Yes, I am too lazy today.

3 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

You guys are brave! But, it sounds like she is a trooper & made it through the trip! Now that we're both back from vacations, lets try to get together soon. Laurel might be coming in the next week so we'll definitely have to get together for that!

Cristin said...

I drove 7 hours just me and Luke to Arizona. It was quite the drive. Lots of screaming. Lots of stopping. I discovered that Stake Centers are a great pit stop. I mapped a few out and changed his diaper and nursed him there. Then I let him move around a bit. (You can't honestly tell me that she doesn't put those rocks or that grass in her mouth! Or how do you keep her from not doing it?)

LeMira said...

We've found that Jackson can last about 4 1/2 hours -- as long as it takes to get to my parents' house. There were times, though, that we figured we could just settle down in Fillmore, UT just to get the screaming to stop!