As I was showering this morning I realized something. Macie was banging on the shower glass trying to get in, I was pinching my nose trying to stop a nosebleed with one hand, and trying to entertain Macie with a squeegee in the other...does it ever stop? I have developed some of those magical mommy powers that help you survive motherhood. You know what I mean. It's the ability to finish making dinner while playing with your baby and talking on the phone. Who would've thought I could be so great at multitasking? No matter what I'm doing I can tune in to Macie's "I need my Mommy" sounds, and tune out her loud gibberish. Who ever said life is easy for a stay-at-home mom obviously never gave it a try. It's a full-time job and then some. So hey, give moms some credit for becoming a magician in a matter of months. Just look at that face, who wouldn't do it for their own?
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It is definitely one of those things that you can't understand & won't be able to master until you become a mom yourself. It truly looks like all of you moms are jugglers, trying to balance everything and doing such a great job. I can just see Macie banging on the glass door wanting to get in to the shower. She does LOVE water!
Amen! One will never understand what it's like to be a mom until they find themselves going to the bathroom and interacting with their child at the same time. Too much information, but seriously, moms have to multitask at all times! Aren't I right? Never a moment of peace :)
Geeze....that's what I have to look forward to? :)
The worst is having to go to the bathroom while holding your child on your lap. I hate to admit that I have done this in public restrooms because I didn't have a choice. Yes, mothers are magicians.
Post a Comment