Sunday, August 30, 2009

Did You Really Just Say That???

Macie is 3 1/2 years old going on 10. She hangs out with the older girls in the neighborhood and completely thinks she is right on their level. Bless those girls' little hearts, they put up with her and are very nice. Macie has been a little sad lately because the neighbors have gone back to school and she isn't old enough to go yet. After the first day one of the neighbor girls had a couple friends over to swim and they let Macie tag along, floaties and all. Well, apparently one of the dads was watching the girls in the pool. He is a little older looking and his hair is greying. His daughter was talking to him and called him "Dad" of course. My smarty pants 3 year old said, "Hey, that's not your dad. He's your grandpa." I don't even know what to say about that except I am SO embarrassed. I'm glad I wasn't there because I don't know what I would have said. One of the other girls told me about it. I know she wasn't trying to be funny or mean, she was just speaking her mind. Oh my Macie. Please don't do that again.


By the way, this is her dance picture that I scanned in. Isn't she gorgeous? We're working on manners so she can be beautiful and well mannered. Here's to hoping.

7 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

Don't you wish you could censor what little kids say? By the way, I LOVE that picture. I use it all the time to brag about how I have the cutest nieces and nephews in the world ;)

Allie Linford said...

Well I hate to inform you of this but this is just the beginning, brace yourself for many more moments like that. She is such a little doll and it sounds like she has the personality to go along with her cute/good looks. BTW I have a 4 year old grandson that is her perfect match personality and all, we'll have to get them togerther in 14 or so years.

Cristin said...

Whoa, her pose and looks in that picture make me think that she could be one of those pageant kids... not that you would you ever do that, I'm just saying though, she definitely has the posing skills.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Was that to Mike or a different neighbor?

Lindsay Griffeth said...

That is really funny. I'm sure there's more of those to come. :)

Esther said...

What a little beauty!
Don't you just love all of the things that come out of their precious mouths ;)

Chad & Emylee said...

oh she's my favorite! and yes she is so gorgeous! i love that pic so much!