A family vacation was long overdue, so we packed up and headed to San Diego. Macie had been asking to go to the beach for a long time and we figured she would enjoy Sea World as well. We were right, the kids loved it. We had an extra fun time because the Baldwins came along.
Packed to the max and ready to go. Thank goodness for portable DVD players.
Macie meets sea lion.
Ty is not a fan of sea lions. Actually, this was probably the only time he cried because the barking startled him. Ty loved the animals and was very into seeing everything.
Hello Shamu. I didn't get a picture of them, but the Palmers met us at Sea World too. They live in San Diego now so it was great to see them for a bit.
Macie touched her first starfish in the tide pool.
The boys spent a lot of time doing this: Devin and Josh chatting, Ty and Alex watching/sleeping in the strollers.
The massive walrus was the grossest thing we saw all day. He came right up to the glass and proceeded to chew his lunch in our face. Maybe we were in his face. Anyway, it kept going in and out, in and out.
Leaving Sea World with Ty's lone souvenir.
We spent a day at the beach in La Jolla.
Mom and her buddy.
I love this picture. It's one of the rare moments Macie and Tigi were sitting down.
The girls spent most of the day running in and out of the water. Luckily the weather was quite nice and not as cold as I expected.
Ty doing what he does best: being a boy. He loved sitting around and playing with the sand toys. I'm sad to say this was my deprived child's first time playing in the dirt. Ever. Did I mention I hate sand?I'm pretty sure we were the cutest family on the beach. Okay, okay, the Baldwins cut a close second.
Our girly girls.
The little buddies.
I really liked Macie having a friend with her the whole trip. These two are so cute together, when they don't fight of course. We had so much fun that we may have to drag the Baldwins along on all our vacations.
Ty was hoping he could drive home.
I had to pry his chubby little hands off of the steering wheel so we could go home.
We played hard.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Summer Vacation
Posted by
Trisha
at
9:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
FUN!
I'm so sad that we didn't know you guys were here! It would have been fun to get together.
I'm glad you guys had a good time! I love the first and last pictures!!! Well I love them all but I just thought it was a really cute idea!
I am sad we missed seeing you guys, but glad you had a fab time!
Definitely invite us anytime! Those two chicas were too cute! Next year the boys will be running around like crazy too. :)
Oh ya, guess what surfaced from the bottom of Alex's bag (of all places), out from under his CLEAN clothes (that never left his bag) was the Shamu topper. Of course. :)
How fun!
And really? Your little BOY has never played in dirt?
That looks like fun going with some friends. Cute pictures, and I like your new blog background.
Ty looked like he was enjoying that sand Trish!!
Post a Comment