Tomorrow I will be one week away from my due date, which is how early Macie came. Naturally, I'm expecting not to go any farther than that with this baby because that would not be fun. Macie and I had a funny conversation about it today.
Me: Macie, when is baby brother going to come?
Macie: Um...should we go to church so he can be born?
Me: Babies aren't born at church. They're born at the hospital.
Macie: (Throws her head back in realization) OH, the hosti-pal. That's right.
It is a good thing Macie is funny and cute because these last few days my patience has been running a little thin. For the past 3 nights in a row I've woken up with contractions 5-10 minutes apart lasting hours until they just stop altogether. 3 nights in a row people! I have been dilated 3 cm for the past week and the baby is so low that I have so much pressure and everything hurts. So I am extremely tired, even more uncomfortable, and getting very impatient. Luckily my mom is here already which has been a huge help. My refrigerator is stocked and I got to go to my last doctor's appointment without Macie. It's nice to have help cooking dinner and keeping the house clean. My mom even helped Josh and I finish painting the baby's room. I guess I can't complain too much, right? Unfortunately Macie has enough energy to wear us both out. How is that possible?
Monday, September 8, 2008
It's Time for Me
Posted by
Trisha
at
9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I almost felt like I needed more help in those few weeks right before Charlie was born, then after he was born. It is so hard to be pregnant with a toddler. You'll get through it!
Oh, Trish. It will be over before you know it! Glad your mom is there to help. :)
I really feel for ya. I swear it seems like I'm following you exactly. The braxton hicks, today's first "real" contraction, the super low position this kid decided to take about two weeks ago. Ugh. And i'm only 32 weeks!
Hoping for you that the baby comes soon! I was 8 days early with Avery and 5 days late with Ashton. Talk about being so annoyed. Those 5 days were torture!
Isn't it fun that he is so loved and anticipated already...Get in that tub of yours. :) Soak and relax. :) I can't wait to see him.
Ali
I hate that feeling of the baby so low in your body and sitting on your bladder like they are going to fall right out... but WON'T!!!
The baby come early and you're having contractions... Well so far you are better off then I was; eight days late and never felt a contraction.
Yay, 1 week left...I am so happy for you! I am glad you have your mom there already, sleep as much as you can because you will never have time to sleep again! having a toddler is so hard with a newborn. Ugh. We are thinking of you and are excited to see the new baby!
Post a Comment