I've enjoyed the luxury of cable television without the headache of a monthly bill. Yes, it's true, we were beneficiaries of free cable. When we moved into this house just over a year and a half ago we turned on the television and what do you know, the cable was connected. My sister, who lived with us until the end of July, really wanted DVR so she actually paid a monthly cable bill for it. When she moved out I was pleasantly surprised to see that the free cable was still connected...lucky me!
Yesterday I went to run some errands and when I came home Josh and Macie were watching a movie because just like that, the cable was gone. How could they shut off our cable?!? Don't they know we enjoyed it and don't want to pay for it? C'mon people. As a sad good-bye, I'll tell you what we will miss most. Macie is a true Playhouse Disney fan and watches it every morning while I sleep more and during her breakfast. SuperWhy, on PBS, comes in close second. I probably utilize the cable the least, but nonetheless will miss the Food Network and news channels. Josh, if you ask my brother-in-law Kip, will miss the Lifetime channel. He has several shows he likes to keep up on in evening television, so I assume he'll be bored and devote more time to studying.
Now the question is should I actually pay for cable or get used to more peace and quiet? Paying the amount they charge for something we don't use that much or have to have is not appealing. On the other hand, I totally relied on the TV during the newborn stage with Macie to keep me awake during the middle of the night feedings. Now what will I do?
Friday, September 5, 2008
But It Was Free!
Posted by
Trisha
at
3:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Poor Waldrons! I bet you get it. Don't fight it, I know and you know you will get it.
What you'll do, is pay for cable like the rest of us! :)
we don't have cable, I don't think we ever will and I like it that way...I feel like we already have enough media distractions w/internet in our home! I know what you mean about late night feedings..or any feedings for that matter. I check out lots of different books from the library and read, it makes the time go by so quickly and I don't mind waking up at night to feed b/c I get to read a bit more
We also were the beneficiaries of free cable when we moved in for over 1 year, but were overcome with the guilt of it all and now pay a monthly dish network bill. I figure you may not use it much but YOU OWE THEM after all those late nights and Disney playhouse mornings :)
We were just wondering, has Josh started school yet? If so, what does he think? What do you think? Good luck deciding on cable. For us, it's a great outlet once in a while when B has a minute to enjoy it!
Have your favorite chick flicks handy or the ones you can sing along to. Thats what I did in the middle of the night. :) It's not that bad without it as long as you have the dvd's for Macie once and awhile. :)
You can do it... you can always go without it and then change your mind. :)
I clicked on your page to get your address so I can send you an invite to Stephanie's shower and this caught my eye. I have cable and actually pay for it but was just comlpaining about how expensive ti is for the few cable channels we enjoy. My solution would be to have cable a la carte. Have the basic locals but pay for a small fee for only the channels you want...Macie gets Disney, you Food network, and your hubby Lifetime (LOL!). Easy enough. Problem is the cable company doesn't offer that!
Oh, business...can you email your address? KMilk0602@cox.net. Stpeh's computer is acting up and she can't get them off there. Thanks!
Post a Comment