I now claim the title of "Worst Mom of the Year." The defining incident happened none other than at my sister's wedding reception. Actually, it was before the reception started during all the picture-taking commotion. Everyone was in a hurry and I was carrying Macie in the hall. I set her down turned around. The momentum I created for the large camera slung over my shoulder was not good. It literally "cracked" Macie right above the eye. My heart broke when I heard the sound and I thought I was going to be sick. Macie grabbed her eye and started screaming. By this time Josh arrived and informed me that she was definintely bleeding and needed to get into a bathroom. That news almost sent me into hysterics since I don't deal well with blood or pain, and felt like the worst person alive. Luckily the amount of blood was not as bad as the actual cut. We called our next door neighbor, who is a doctor, and he came to the rescue. After some iodine and glue she was released to play. The whole experience was very traumatizing for me because we knew she needed stitches (or glue) and Macie was obviously in a lot of pain. I can't tell you if I've ever felt worse in my life, honestly. My poor girl still wanted to hug me during all of the tears and after a good 20 minutes was ready for the party like nothing ever happened. The fresh cut is above her left eye. This was just after it was glued shut.
The next morning she woke up with a black eye. This picture was actually taken 3 days after the accident, and looked a lot better already. She does have a light scar now, but hopefully that will fade away with time. It really isn't that noticeable. What kind of mother whacks a child in the face? I still feel horrible!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Worst Mom of the Year
Posted by
Trisha
at
10:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That glue is AMAZING! Glad she's OK. :)
Holy cow! I'd say you did alot of posting!:) I loved the wedding colors! And Macie was still a doll even with a sliced eye. :)
Post a Comment