So, not to brag or anything, but MY DAUGHTER IS POTTY TRAINED!!! I set a goal to potty train Macie the the end of July and it worked wonderfully. We've completed 2 weeks of diaper-free success! I really attribute her fast adjustment to preparation, on the part of myself and Macie. I was dreading the experience, but it really wasn't that bad at all.
A couple days before we actually started training I took her to the store to pick out underwear and special stickers. I prepared her by explaining the potty process several times, having her watch me, and then letting her try herself. Then we went straight to underwear. The first 2 days we probably went through 7 pairs, the next 2 days it quickly dwindled to 2-3 pairs, and after that we really haven't had any accidents. Ok, there was one poop incident at Melissa's house and she now holds "the best cousin in the world" title for dealing with it. Here we have Miss Macie posing on her potty. We used this pretty much the first week. I'm glad I don't have to clean it out after every use now that she goes in the "big" potty.
Next we moved her seat onto a regular toilet for a few days. However, now she goes like a normal little person should, except she still requires the whole routine everytime she's done.
Macie always gets to put up a sticker on the door and have 1 candy (a single smartee) after she flushes and washes her hands. She is very proud, as you can see. I'm not sure how long this will go on. I do keep smartees in my purse because regardless of where we are she wants a treat after she's done. Luckily she doesn't ask to put a sticker on other bathroom doors. I like to be encouraging, so we're keeping it up for now. Sometimes she forgets...but not that often.
14 comments:
yeah!! potty trained children are the best, until you are at the store with a cart full of groceries and other children and the last thing you want to do is walk to the back of the store to the restrooms. It's then that I wish they just had a diaper to go in. But, way to go Macie!
I am so happy for you! Good job Macie!!!!
Congratulation's Macie. I can't wait till Sam can manage on his own...after what happened this morning(check out the story on my blog).
Macie you're growing up to be such a cutie pie, big girl. Good job Trisha...you're the reason she succeeds.
I'm so jealous.
Good job Macie!
I love that you only give her ONE smartie. :) I may have to spoil her in Utah....
That's great Trisha! Way to go Macie!!
HOpefully she keeps it up and you'll have a break from chaning diapers until baby boy comes!
Way to Go! That will be nice to have that out of the way when the new guy gets here!! Hope you guys are having a great summer!!
Thats great! Enjoy your break from diapers!
Congrats Macie!
Awesome! Congrats!
Yay Macie! She is such a good girl that she got trained so fast too. She must have been ready! Tricia, you will be sooo glad that you only will have one in diapers once the baby comes!! The sticker chart is a great idea! I will have to use it when we get closer. My little Aiden is so far from being potty trained at the moment it is not even funny. I have tried EVERYTHING. To try to get him to go potty on the toilet is a constant battle. It has almost become a game to him. I think that we will try again in 6 more months! It can't come soon enough though. By the way.. when are you due again?
YAY!!!!!! Welcome to the Big Girl Potty Club Macie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good job Macie!! That is awesome!
Yeah for Macie! Tigi's goal is by the end of August! I think she's ready and she can't wait for the "big girl panties!"
Post a Comment