
It's a boy!!! Our little guy was quite the wiggle worm during the ultrasound, making it very easy to determine the gender. As you can see from the spread eagle shot, there's no denying it. Those who have asked me know that I was hoping for another girl, but I'm not disappointed that a baby boy is coming. I think having a boy is scarier for me since I've already done the whole girl thing and had such a great experience with Macie from the very beginning. Different will be good. I won't lie, I'm a little nervous about going from one to two regardless of the gender. However, motherhood has proved to be the most rewarding thing I've ever done. I wouldn't trade a second of it for anything else, tantrums and all. There can't be anything sweeter in life than having your little one tell you that they love you and give you kisses. I feel lucky that I was able to spend all of my time over the last 2 years day-to-day with a child.
I have no doubt that my Macie will be a great big sister. She's already saying: "I'm gonna have baby brother." It's still a long wait for her, but hopefully helping with the preparations will keep her excited about it.
I have to share this last thing the nurse said while Macie and I were at the doctor's office:
Nurse: "So, your daughter looks like her Dad."
Me: "Why do you say that? Doesn't she look like me?"
Nurse: "Not really."
Me: "Oh."
Hmmm, I thought as Macie has gotten older she's started to look a little different. As in, not as much like her Daddy. Not that that's a bad thing, I just want her to look like my child too! However, my mom said she found a family picture when I was a two-year-old and I looked a lot like Macie. Take that! I'll have to scan it when we go visit my parents in a couple weeks. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a picture of Baby Boy Waldron's face. A little scary looking huh? 
Thursday, April 24, 2008
The Results Are In...
Posted by
Trisha
at
9:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
23 comments:
WOW how fun is that. I cannot wait for our little stinker boys to play. Just like are stinker girls. You will love having a boy. I didn't know what to think of having a boy to. But I love my gussy boy. He is so my little guy. Can't wait to hear the names you like. Keep in touch. Hope your feeling good. Hang in there, you know it is worth it.
Congratulations! Boys are a whole new world :), at least in our family. And just so you know, I see a little of both you and Josh in Macie.
Trisha,
This is Kim Madden - I found your blog through Cristin's and I hope you don't mind me posting. First of all, I don't know how anyone could say Macie looks like Josh but not you...you and Josh look very similar. It's the same for Zach and me. Our boys look like him but we look so alike so they look like me too...at least I like to think so.
Congratulations! Boys are so much fun. I'm sure girls are too, but I've never had that experience. We're currently expecting our 3rd boy in August. I'm happy for you and your growing family.
Boys are fun! I've found some things to be very easy with mine. Congratulations!
Congratulations! I want to see this pic of you because Macie still looks like josh to me. Sorry Trish!
Yes, you definitely have what is lovingly referred to as the "Alien Baby" ultrasound picture. Those faces always look freaky in those things.
Now you're going to get comments like, "Oh now you have one of each, so you can stop having kids!" Whereas I get, "You better keep trying for that girl!" Good luck with coming up with names. That is exciting!
YEAH! I'm excited for ya. You'll like doing the boy thing!
Maybe your little boy will look like you. :)
What a BABE!
Ali
Hey Josh & Trish, Congrats on the Soon to be born son. Macie has gotten so big, she's beautiful.
Congratulations on the baby boy. It is so much fun to have one of each. It has been so interesting to see the differences in a boy and a girl. It is kinda nice that you had a girl first so that she can help you with your baby. Aiden is all boy and is is so not interested in babies!
Congrats on the baby boy! Boys are a blast. I think you are going to have so much fun with him.
Little boys are so much fun....snips and snails and puppy dog tales. Best of luck in the next few months.
Finally a boy to throw in the mix, we are really excited for you guys.
Congrats!
Boys are great but I'm prejudiced.
Hey, remember I had that dream years ago that you were going to have a boy. Do you still like the name Dax, was it?
Oh, it is hard having #2. It's a lot of work and I was really tired for quite a while. People said having 2 was easier than 1, but it takes a while to get there. It took maybe tell R was 6 months and could crawl or make himself happy. Now they loved to play together and will get along for a little while so I can get some things done. But K still takes away things from R or makes him cry. But they're wonderful.
Congrats! how fun to have one of both!! Macie will be a great sister!
Awesome! Now you'll have one of each, congratulations, that's exciting!
Congrats! One of each! How wonderful! Is Josh so excited?!?!? You'll do great with a boy Trish!
Congrats!
Boys are great and Macie will be a great big sister!
Congrats on the baby boy. Can't wait to hear the names you are thinking of.
Congrats! Sorry I'm a bit behind in the blogging world...one of each, how fun that'll be.
Post a Comment