Let's just say this last week hasn't been the most fun. Sunday afternoon Josh left for a business trip and didn't get back until last night (Friday) around 10pm. The day after he left Macie got sick with the stomach flu. It was great fun cleaning out the garage and spraying it down to get the vomit out. By some miracle I didn't get sick. I spent the next few days disinfecting and keeping my fingers crossed that she was over it. On top of entertaining her I have been getting bigger, more uncomfortable, and tired beyond reason. Teaching aerobics classes is really taking its toll on me. My hips are already getting so sore that getting up and down hurts at times. I know, what a whiner right? Well it gets better. I got home from the airport late last night and then had to be up at 5:45am to be at 5 hours of instructor training at the gym all morning. I tried lifting light weights and taking it easy, but I came home, slept 4 hours, and still want someone to shoot me. What doesn't hurt? Good question. The best part is that I have 2 more sessions at the same time tomorrow morning! At least Josh is back to play with Macie so I can take 4 hour naps.
Macie and I did have some fun times while Josh was gone though. We spent some time playing with cousins Bella and Gus before they leave for several weeks. My brother Ben joined the National Guard and is gone for 10 weeks of Basic Training, during which time Trish is going to go spend some time visiting her and my parents in northern Nevada. We'll miss our cute cousins so much!
I love watching Macie play with kids now that she's getting so big and is into pretend play. She loves dressing up, loading her baby stroller and purse, and going to "work." She's also a fabulous cook in her little kitchen and likes to make me things like cookies, eggs, gatorade, ice cream, veggies and hamburgers. She also makes a great cup of tea, complete with cream and sugar. Lately she's been very into board games so we spend time every day pulling out games, one by one, and "playing" them according to Macie's rules. She especially likes Life, Scrabble and Acquire. Today she developed a new love for sidewalk chalk, her present from Josh's week away in Kansas. She is definitely a girl who never gets bored. Hmmm, maybe that's why I'm so tired these days.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Put Me Out of My Misery
Posted by
Trisha
at
9:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I wonder if they caught the same bug during their play date because Nate was puking, too. :)
I hope you get to rest soon. Don't wear yourself out with all that aerobics!
Hope you feel better soon! I have to say that I love Macie's quote about wanting to kiss her new "friend" on the lips. What a character!
Happy Birthday!
Are you sure you're not having twins? It would be hard to teach aerobics and take care of everyone!
I hope you can get some rest. Happy birthday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
And I'm sorry you had sick kids too! We had that at the beg of april. Man I feel for ya though- having to clean up barf while preggo- no fun!!!!
Post a Comment