This past week I've been visiting my parents in Genoa. We're actually heading back home later today. We've had a great time enjoying the wildlife and great weather here. Macie loves to go looking for lizards, quail, deer, cows, etc. She has this fascination with deer and always wants to touch them, but of course you can never get close enough because they run away. Her cousins Bella and Gus arrived yesterday and it's been really fun having them around too. The girls are a little crazy, but have a great time together. My dad likes to get them all wound up, so it's very loud around here to say the least!
My mom found this family picture from 1982; I was 1 and my brother was 3. Doesn't my little Macie look like me or what? I also love my dad's poofy hair in that picture. Not only did we get to spend Mother's Day here with my family, but also my mom's birthday the day before. At this time last year my mom spent her birthday and Mother's Day in the hospital. She was undergoing chemotherapy in preparation for the stem-cell transplant she had on May 31st. It was a very stressful time, and we all really enjoyed being at home with a healthy mom this year. She is still dealing with effects of the transplant that do limit some of her activities, but all in all she is pretty much back to normal everyday life. We feel very fortunate that she is alive and well today. She is definitely an example to everyone through the challenges she endured and the positive attitude she always maintains. We love our Annie!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Mom Time
Posted by
Trisha
at
10:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You're right! Macie looks so much like you.
Wow, you could almost tell people that IS Macie, except the clothes and setting kind of date the photo. :)
She does look like you.
Wow! You two do look alike. :)
Glad you had fun with your parents!
She's exactly your spit image, that's awesome!
I would have thought that was Macie if I hadn't known that was an old family picture. WOW!
PS - didn't get a chance to post on your It's A Boy post - congrats!!! When I found out Ashton was a boy I was a bit nervous and unsure since I had really wanted two girls in a row. But I have to tell you that I absolutely love him and love that I have a boy. It is so much fun!
For a second I did think it was Macie! Then I realized the picture was old school, and it wasn't you and Josh in it. Cute! And I love her quotes. I don't even know her well and she makes me laugh out loud.
Post a Comment