My family has some excellent news...my mom is in complete remission!!! I can't tell you how excited I am. My parents met with the doctors in SLC yesterday to find out the results from her bone marrow test. My stomach was in knots all day while I waited for a phone call. Of course we hoped and expected the results to be good, but there is always a chance for a problem. Luckily the doctors think she is doing remarkably well and there is absolutely no sign of leukemic cells or Myelodysplastic Syndrome.
My mom's journey to recovery still continues. She is still at risk for developing chronic graft vs. host disease and has a supressed immune system. She still must avoid crowds and contact with other people who may be sick. Once she makes it to 3 years from the transplant date wothout a relapse she will be considered cured. We strongly believe that she will survive this experience and live a long, long life.
Thank you to everyone that has expressed concern and kept us in your thoughts and prayers. My mom is a true hero to me for all that she has been through. Fighting for your life takes a strong will and determination. My mom endured it all without complaint and has been a wonderful example to everyone. 22 months ago she was initially diagnosed with acute leukemia and struck with disappointing odds. To be where she is today is truely a miracle.This was taken when my mom came through Vegas on her way home about 3 weeks ago with Macie and Gus, my nephew.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
A True Hero
Posted by
Trisha
at
9:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Trisha that is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and your family. You're mom seems like a remarkable woman and looks wonderful! Whew what a relief!
That is amazing Trisha! It sounds like your mom is a strong woman and she must be a truly wonderful lady because I see how much you admire and adore her through your posts. I'm so happy for you and your family!
That is wonderful- with all that talk about germs it is no wonder you are so protective!!
YAY! That's great news! How great for your fam! Your mom's such an amazing lady! Way to go Diane!
Congratulations to the DeLaPaz's!!! I am so happy for you guys.
Trisha, I had heard a few months ago about you mom . . . so glad about her recent news! Tell her congratulations and good luck from me. So happy she has more time to be a grandma.
This is such great news Trisha! I am so happy for your mom and your family.
Your mom is absolutely amazing. We are so glad everything has gone so well with her!!!
That's fantastic! Isn't it wonderful to have someone so strong so close?! I'm sure she feels that you were all her strength during her fight.
Oh that is so so great. What wonderful news!
That is so wonderful Trisha! I'm glad that she is in remission. It's so great that you can help out so much. We'll continue to pray for immune system to get better and not to develop the chronic graft vs. host disease.
Trisha-so glad to hear the good news about your mom. Hope all is well with you guys! Drop me an email sometime!
Post a Comment