Saturday, September 8, 2007

Say What?

I'm still staying with my parents and am really getting a kick out of my 15 year old sister. This is a true conversation we had:

Miranda: Guess what! Josh took me driving around the neighborhood and I almost hit a deer and a bat. It was crazy!

Me: What kind of bat was it?

Miranda: What are you talking about? I don't know.

Me: You know, maybe it was a ding bat or something.

Miranda: Oh yeah, I think it looked like a ding bat to me.

Hilarious! This one happened yesterday:

Miranda: (in reference to her friend she wasn't allowed to go out with) Well, she's gonna be in Carson City.

Me: So what, you'll be in Genoa.

Miranda: No, I'll just be in Rome! (She was being an angry teenager at this point.)

Me: Well have you ever been incognito?

Miranda: What? No...wait where is that? Mom, where is Cognito?

I really crack myself up. Oh the life and times of a clueless teenager!

8 comments:

7 Baldwin's said...

Those are hilarious! I can't believe they are already 15!!! I still think of Miranda and Alex as little toddlers! Holy cow- we're old trish!

Danica said...

Haha, you are so cute.

Cristin said...

This totally sounds like my sister. She thinks Iraq is in South America.

Robin D said...

Too Funny! I can hardly understand what my teenage sister says, she just mumbles everything. I like your new layout...lookin' good.

Jamie said...

I love how you egged her on. haha.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I can totally see you doing that to poor little Miranda. It's hilarious!

Valerie said...

I love going to Cognito, no one knows who I am there!

Baldwin Fam said...

Isn't it great when you get to be the one with the quick wit, not the one who didn't get it?:)