So let's face it, I've been really bad about blogging lately. But I'll be honest, I have no time. When I'm in town I spend my time getting ready to go out of town again, worrying about my mom, and worrying about having enough time to do everything else I need to. Not to mention Josh and I were asked to speak in sacrament meeting this last Sunday, which actually wasn't that bad because time went by so fast it was over before I knew it. I'm also planning my sister's baby shower next month which will be a lot of fun, and yes, there are gracious people helping me out. Also my younger siblings will be coming to stay with us next week for the summer since they're out of school and my dad is always traveling back and forth to Salt Lake. I was stressing about them too, so I found it easier for my dad to just send them my way. I already know that I am a high stress person, so I'm really trying to take deep breaths and slow down lately. I really don't want Macie to pick up on my anxiety. She is such a good little girl, I don't want to screw her up!
So tomorrow Macie and I are heading back up to SLC, which I am really excited about, to visit my mom. She has been going through some tough times these past few days and has had to be put on pain medication that is just stronger than morphine for the sores that have developed in her throat. It sounds extremely painful, not to mention the other side effects she's dealing with. Luckily the doctors say that she'll be out of the worst parts in the next few days. It's so hard to see my mom going through all of this. She is such a strong woman and a great fighter. She continues to keep the doctors pleased with her progress through all of this which is amazing. All we can do is take things one day at a time.
This is just a cute picture of Macie because, well, I think she is so darn cute.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
And We're Off!
Posted by
Trisha
at
8:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Trisha Lee....boy you have a lot on your plate right now. I will be back in Vegas this weekend and will be HAPPY to help with anything. Have a nice week in SLC ~ I hope your mom's road to recovery is a little easier on her very soon.
Good luck with your trip to SLC. I know its nearly impossible but try not to stress out too much...you don't want to get sick again. Best of luck.
She definitely is cute, and man do you have a lot going on. Good luck with everything - you are so sweet.
TRISHA!!!! I have no idea how I found your blog, but I did!!! I'm always looking at new people's blogs and I noticed someone I recognized from BYU and then I saw a picture of you and then I saw that you had a blog! I can't even tell you how excited I am right now! It's Beth from the Spanish program! I've always wondered what you've been up to. My blog is http://jcandbethdavis.blogspot.com/
I can't wait to hear from you and I'm adding you to my list of friends on my blog!
PS- Macie is adorable!!!
Trisha,
I understand about preparing to be gone and getting home and trying to catch up. I hope that your mom's throat sores are going away. Has she ever had mouth sores? I worry about them because sometimes my mouth feels funny. I pray for your moms speedy recovery. She sounds like a great person!
Post a Comment