Since life goes on, whether we like it or not, Emmy has almost reached 5 months old. I've never been very good at keeping my blog updated, and I'm only getting worse it seems. I've hardly touched on life for us these past 5 months, and it's kind of sad to me that my third child seems so grown up already.
While I don't have time to take pictures of her all day, hold her as much as I want to, or cherish every minute of the little baby stage, I don't feel like she's getting the shaft. Life is just different for her at this age than it was for my other kids. There is so much going on around her all the time, and lots of people hugging and kissing her. She's a great spectator and cheerleader. She thinks Macie and Ty are very entertaining and laughs pretty hard at the silly things they do. She is always looking for them, and they love to be around her. Amid all the chaos she's only been stepped on (her hand) once, and never been hit by anything flying through the air. That's pretty good! Here's a brief look at her life thus far:
The labor and delivery went well and quickly, as is usual for me. A couple pushes and she was out. Physically, I felt awesome right away. We left the hospital in 24 hours so I could get home to the kids and Josh didn't have to keep coming back and forth from school and home. Never a day off for dental students, unfortunately. (Or the mom for that matter!) As you can see in the picture, she was born with ultra-squishy cheeks. YES!
This is the first picture (and the best one I have to date) of my little crew. I still can't believe we have three kids.
My dad had 2 weeks leave from Iraq and was able to meet Emmy Jade.
She looked gorgeous in her blessing dress and hand-crocheted blanket by Grandma Great.
Emmy is a happy, engaging little girl. And gorgeous, of course.
This is typical. We are now officially outnumbered.
My little beauty.
She enjoys being the only one allowed to sit on the table.
A close-up of the cheeks.
Happy Halloween! We went to our ward trunk-or-treat and the kids had a great time. This is the only picture I have of Emmy in her ballerina costume.
So yes, life is crazy busy these days, but I'm getting the hang of it more and more each day. Emmy brings so much more happiness into our lives, and to top it off really is a sweet little girl. My kids are pretty wonderful, so I can't complain!
6 comments:
She is so stinking cute. She looks a lot like Macie (duh). Sometimes sisters don't though! It's adorable. Glad for the update on you guys!
Very cute! I'm so glad you posted an update. I can't believe how your family is growing!
I must see this little girl! I'm calling you tomorrow to figure out when. :)
Don't worry about being a little behind on your blogging. This was going to be my year to figure it all out and this weekend I just posted my first blog :0)
What!? Three kids! Congrats! it is tough huh? I don't know what we were thinking when we had this last one. It is so stinkin hard! Your family is so cute. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. Wow, its crazy how time flies. I am glad we have blogs to keep each other posted! Miss you guys!
فني ستائر بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني تركيب ستائر ايكيا بالرياض
فني تركيب دش بالرياض
Post a Comment