Let's review my day, shall we?
6:45 am - Macie comes in to tell us that she can't find the little digital clock she keeps on her bed. (She is supposed to wait until after 7 to come out of her room.)
7:20 - I go into Ty's room and am shocked by how hot it is. Hm, that's not normal.
7:30 - 11:00 - Josh leaves for the day. We eat breakfast, get dressed, Ty takes his morning nap, cleaning people arrive, thermostat continues to rise upstairs, and my sister calls and wants us to come over and play. I am also speculating that our AC is not functioning upstairs. I text Josh, he says he will look at it when he gets home. By the way, the high for today was over 100 degrees.
11:00 - 11:30 - I give Macie her vitamin and a cup of grape juice, we get in the car and drive to my sister's house. Macie starts to cough a little and tells me that the juice isn't "getting it." Getting what? Is a piece of her chewable vitamin stuck? I give her some of my water. As we get close to my sister's house she tells me her stomach hurts. That is NEVER a good sign. 30 seconds later she throws up in the car, multiple times.
11:30 - 1:00 - HELL. Awful. I arrive at my sister's house to discover another mess. Mel dropped a gallon of milk in the garage while she was unloading groceries, and it broke open. I unload Ty, who is overdue for a bottle, and then move on to Macie. If you don't like nasty details, STOP READING NOW. Macie and her booster seat were covered in grape juice vomit. She was wearing a super cute white outfit. Not anymore! I strip her down, put her in the bath, and the following hour is pretty much a blur. It consisted of cleaning and disinfecting the car, washing the carseat and Macie's clothes, bathing Macie, feeding the kids, and cleaning milk out of the garage. I also learned that one of my car windows won't roll down. Sweet, when did that happen?
1:30 - 3:45 - I finally get something to eat because I feel like I'm going to pass out. Ty needs his afternoon nap, but Macie's carseat isn't dry yet. My sister sets up the pack 'n play and he takes a nap. We finally get things cleaned up and squared away so we can head home.
4:00 - 7:30 - I get home and check the themostat upstairs. 85 degrees. I now conclude that the AC is most definitely not working. I call the service people and they head over. Josh comes home. The repairman tells us things about lots of parts, labor, and a good chunk of money. And nothing can be done until Monday or Tuesday. He also blew dust from the attic all over Macie's bedroom while he was "trying" to vacuum it up off the floor. Completely unacceptable.
Josh calls another service company to come over while I feed the kids. The person who takes the call actually knows Josh and sends someone right over. While we wait, Ty's crib is disassembled (this is one of those times having a pack 'n play would have come in handy) and set up in the toy room downstairs so he can sleep with some cool air. Macie's room is thoroughly vacuumed out and bedding is put in the washer. The second repairman is very nice, efficient, and has a completely different solution to our problem. We end up with functioning AC upstairs and no bill.
Finally, my thrilling day is winding down. The kids are sleeping and the house is cooling off. I am able to sit down with a glass of water, and I now feel how exhausted I am. My back hurts so bad from all of the tension and stress today. I am so happy that today is over. So very happy. I really hope tomorrow is better.
*I have to admit, my kids were so well behaved today. Macie was completely fine the second after she threw up and had a great time with her cousin Sadie. Ty was an angel and played so well at my Mel's house. Way to come through guys.
**Thank you Danica for sending your good luck our way. However, I do think my story is funnier than yours.
____________________________________________
Despite the fact that I had a busy day, I kept thinking about the signifigance of today. Eight years ago today I was a college student, glued to the television set trying to make sense of the terrorists attacks. It was awful. So many people lost loved ones that day, and the rest of us felt the impact in other ways. I am glad we have time to remember. I will never forget.
Friday, September 11, 2009
No, I'm Not Kidding
Posted by
Trisha
at
9:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I love it... Isn't life with little ones great. Where would we be without them? Yours are quite cute. Sounds like a day for the books.
Sometimes being a mom is HARD WORK! I had one of those days last week and I was utterly exhausted by the end of it. That night I peeked in on Vance and admired how peaceful he looked. Those are the moments where you realize it's all worth it. Have a better day tomorrow okay?
oh girl! what a day! poor thing! hope this weekend is better!
And now you have to take apart Ty's crib and put it back up there.... Man what a day. :) Thank heavens you were going to Mels and not missing some dr appointment or church or something... Hooray for sisters!
What a day!
Thanks again for the nice visit the other day, it was great to catch up with you. Next time hopefully the kids can all play together. Macie and Ty are super cute. Let us know when you're in our neck of the woods.
Oh man...sad! I wouldn't wish those kinds of days on my worst enemies! Although they do make you glad for the low key days...hope your weekend was better. :)
I still can't get over the fact that you have cleaning people....
Post a Comment