Monday, March 9, 2009

All Growed Up

I've spent some time lately going through Macie's old clothes and organizing them into bags by size. It really got me thinking about some things. First of all, I can't believe the amount of clothes she has. When you consider how fast kids grow, they are bound to go through clothes at an unbelievable rate.

Secondly, I think girl clothes are totally cute. It's so easy to find cute items to buy and Macie loves to wear them all. Not that I buy an excessive amount* of clothes, because I really don't, but every season I have to get new stuff because she grows so fast. In fact, I just ordered a bunch of clothes from The Children's Place online because she needs summer clothes. They were having a big sale, plus I had a coupon code for another 15% off, so I really couldn't resist loading up. Ty, on the other hand, only got a couple things. It just goes to show that buying girly clothes is way more fun than buying boy clothes. I just can't get excited over them like I do the pink stuff.

Finally, I actually got a kind of sad going through her old clothes because it reminds me how fast she's growing. Some outfits I swear she was just wearing yesterday and they're already put away. I can't believe it! Her clothes have sentimental value and I don't want to get rid of them. So I now have bags of clothes tucked away in a closet. For someone who hates clutter and hanging on to things, I can foresee this being a problem in the future. Oh well.

*Shoes are an entirely different story. I buy too many pairs and I can't help it. They are my weakness.

6 comments:

Brittany said...

I know what you mean about how fast they grow. I am alreay packind bags of Ezra's clothes!

Kimberly said...

Hey Trisha,
Boy clothes are totally boring. I guess having 3 boys is good for the budget. The one thing I can get excited about for my boys is their shoes - they all have some great shoes. Other than that it's polos, jeans, shorts, and a hoodie here or there.

Trisha said...

Kim! I've seen you comment on my blog before but can't find anything from your profile. Do you have one???

Anya said...

I'm with you on the shoes... Kaia already has about 10 pairs and none of them fit yet!!

J.J. said...

Hey Trish...
I need your email so I can add you to our blog. :) email me and I'll email you back...darringtonfamily@gmail.com
Hope you guys are doing well..n e thing fun planned for Macie's B-day? We'll probably do a park and play party. With a pink and purple cake per Ashlyn's request...for her birthday...Are you guys ever in Utah?
Ali

Kimberly said...

Trisha,
I don't have a blog profile. I don't blog - I just blog stalk :) but my email is kmadden25@gmail.com. :)