Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Rock-A-Hula Girl

Macie had her first dance recital last weekend. She looked gorgeous and did a wonderful job. But really, do you think a 3 year-old in a hula costume could not be the cutest thing you've ever seen? I tried to contain my excitement the whole day because I didn't want to make her nervous, but when we were in the audience before the recital started I couldn't hold back any longer. Josh's brother, Brent, was the lucky one sitting next to me while I bounced around my seat and couldn't stop talking. The whole show was very entertaining (Bunker Dance does a fantastic job), and we finally got to see our little hula girl come out for one of the final numbers. Videotaping was not permitted, so I only have still shots until the video is sent out.  

On stage right before the music started. Macie is the second from the right. 


Curtain call, right after they took their bow.

One of her many poses. I love the did-you-take-the-picture-yet expression.

This is half of her class. Macie is second from the left.

We failed to bring a change of clothes, so she wore her outfit to dinner.
 
And to the ice cream shop.

Some of Macie's biggest fans: Kip, Jarrett, Mel, Sadie, Mom, Dad, Brent (Sondie took the picture, and Lisa and Paris had to hurry home.) Thanks for coming and supporting Macie.

Honestly, this was one of my proudest moments as a Mom. I got to see my little girl work hard at something without our help, and show off her accomplishment. I can't describe how great it was to see her smiling face on stage and know she was having a great time. I'm not ready for her to be this grown up yet...it's too fast.  

5 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

its at times like this that i second guess our decision to move away. i would love to have cheered her on from the audience. i could have been the idiot bouncing up and down right next to you.

please have macie call me. i would love to talk to her!

Laurel said...

So cute Trisha. I can't believe how big she is getting either. And I still LOVE the Macie-isms. They make me laugh without fail. Looks like things are going well. You guys need to make a trip to Disneyland and come visit us!

The Tregeagles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Tregeagles said...

What a cute little island girl. Great Job Macie!

anna banana said...

Darling!