Macie constantly talks about going to the beach, and Josh finally has a day off this week so we can head out there. I am not a big California beach fan, I prefer Cancun thank you very much, so I don't really know where the best place would be to go for a day. What beach would you pick? Please leave a comment and let me know because we want to leave Thursday night. And as for my California friends, I expect some input!
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Carpinteria State Beach located in between Santa Barbara and Ventura. You are close to Santa Barbara which has shopping, a carousel, kiddie wading pool and is just a beautiful all around city. Also, Carpinteria is supposed to be the world's "safest" beach, whatever that means.
If you are into crowds, go to Huntington Beach - right off of main street.
Morro Bay State Park is awesome. It's protected by a bay. There is a sweet little boutique motel called The Twin Dolphin Inn that is very fun and has great views. Kid friendly too. I saw reports just today about California's rip current. It's been rough this season so far, especially the more north you go. You're not going to want to go in to far that's for sure. Be safe, have fun.
Oceanside, Encinitas, San Clemente, Laguna is beautiful too with lots of adorable places to eat.
I was raised going to newport Beach and love it there, but have recently become converted to my almost new hometown Oceanside. It is less crowded more slow paced, and beautiful!
I grew up going to Newport and Huntington...I've been to Carpinteria though for a week and it was a fun area.
What area are you going to be in? We love Carpinteria as well. It is about a half hour away from us, so we go to closer beaches - 10 minutes away...
Bear Lake, Costa Rica, Lake Powell, ????? Is there a beach that isn't fun? Good Family, Good Friends=good FUN!
Oh sure...get us all excited about August and you're just gonna up and go now!:) Well have fun and could you send me the 4th pics when you get back?
Post a Comment