I decided to take a 4-day trip to visit my parents last weekend. Josh couldn't go so I was on my own with the kids. At the airport. On the plane. Outnumbered 2 to 1. What was I thinking? The flight home was more hectic than the first since Ty didn't fall asleep in my arms and Macie didn't quietly watch the video ipod like they did on the way there. Luckily the flight was only an hour and a half.
After I got home and called my parents my mom told me about this Bill Cosby clip, Jeffrey. I looked it up and had to laugh because I could identify with it. It is hilarious. My favorite part is the last few seconds when the mom gets off the plane and sees the dad waiting there. I couldn't stop chuckling to myself about it all night.
My children weren't running around the plane like Jeffery was, but they were LOUD. Lucky for everyone else on the flight, we were in the last row, projecting all the way up to the front. Ty yelled "da-da-da-da" a good 75% of the flight while throwing things and trying to put them in his mouth all at the same time. 10% was crying, another 10% laughing, and maybe 5% silence. Macie couldn't help singing out loud along with her videos. During our approach the other people were treated with her made-up songs about castles, glitter and princesses. After spilled drinks, food everywhere, and my large headache we finally arrived. I reached my breaking point when Josh was late to pick us up. I was waiting around with 2 carseats, 2 suitcases, a stroller, and another wandering child all by myself. I almost punched him in the face. Thank you Jeffery, I no longer feel so bad.
5 comments:
Oh Trisha I totally feel for you! I've done that (and on 4-5 hour flights even!) and there's NOTHING harder!! And then trying to get 2 carseats, a stroller, 2 kids, luggage, diaper bags, etc to the taxi line to get home - NOT FUN! It's so hard but you made it! I hope you had a great time with your family!
Hahaha! I think all of us moms can relate to that one.
Sounds like you had a great Mothers Day! We missed seeing you when we stopped by Sat night.
Oh WOW. I just got back from Phoenix by myself and it was hard enough with just ONE! The lap child thing is great only because it's free. The rest sucks!
Glad you survived.
Oh Trisha, I so know how you feel. I am so sorry! Cameron was late picking me up to this last time, and I was sitting on the floor crying jsut trying to hold the kids in place along with all of my stuff. I wanted to kill him, and he couldn't understand why after two weeks I wasn't more excited to see him. UGH! It was horrible. Note to men...NEVER BE LATE picking up your family from the airport!
Post a Comment