Now that I have your attention I'll just come right out and say it...my 20-month old toddler pees in the toilet! It is completely Macie's own doing. Let me bring you up to speed on how this eventful day has come about.
Macie's cousin Bella is potty training right now. The other day she was at our house and had to go to the bathroom. Macie watched in awe as her mom helped her sit on a "big people toilet" and go. The next day this video came about.
She is such a funny girl! The last couple of nights Macie started running to my bathroom toilet so she can "go" before she gets in the bathtub. I just hold her there for a few seconds and that's pretty much it. However, I told Josh that maybe we should consider getting her a potty for Christmas since she's showing a little interest. Well, tonight we were out shopping and we went to Babies R Us to get Macie's own potty. She was with us so we let her pick one out. As soon as we got home and brought things inside she was over to the box saying "rip it Mommy," so she could get it out. We took it out, set it up in the bathroom, and she just went. I was shocked! We made a huge deal about it and gave her a special sticker and her very first dum-dum sucker (I know).
A couple hours later we took her upstairs to get in the bathtub and she insisted on sitting on her toilet and...drumroll...she did it again! She's now in bed and I am sitting here wondering what to do next. Should I buy her some panties? Is this just a fluke incident? Will the potty excitement wear off? I really haven't looked into potty training at all yet because I had no plans on even attempting anything until after she turns 2. What a girl!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Jaw-Dropping News!
Posted by
Trisha
at
8:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
First of all, that video is hilarious.
You are in a scary position. I don't know what I would do. You put her in underwear and she wets the bed. You don't put her in underwear and she gets mad... I don't know what would happen, I have no experience whatsoever with this. Good luck and keep us posted!
I just posted about needing help potty training. From what I've heard it's about finding the right window. Sounds like she's ready. You could try pull-ups or let her pick out some cool underwear. I've heard some kids do it this early. I think missed Kyle's willingness but we were moving. It would be great to get it done before you have another baby.
we usually use pullups for night time for awhile and then they have thicker underwear out that are special for potty training...I had to order them online because they didn't have any in stock at target here, but they're good too...make accidents a little less messy. All kids are different so you'd have to experiment and see what works for her, but it sounds like she's very read and excited so I'd go with it, get her some panties to wear during the day but have some pullups on hand so that when you're running errands and in the car or during sleep times you can do that with out being too overwhelmed and stressed if she has an accident while you're out
Wow, good for Macie. That video is too cute!
Wow! That video reminds me of the scene in Monster's Inc. where Sully takes Boo to the bathroom. I wish Carson showed some interest in potty training. You need to share you secrets on how to get a 2-year old interested.
I have heard of kids (especially girls) doing it this early. I dont think you can do any harm if you try to keep her at it. Just be ready for the possiblity of a relapse Iw ould say. Way to go Macie!
LOVE the video! How cute is she.
Obviously I haven't done the potty training thing, but I've heard once they are ready to just go for it and it sounds like Macie is ready. I'd start while she is interested!
Lucky!! I'm jealous right now. I read up on books to get some advice, and it has given me ideas. Just do what you instinctively feel, and it will work. I've had people (Jackson's teacher, especially) say "no pull-ups." Use diapers at night. Yet, I know many success stories the other way. You're not going to believe me, because I didn't believe it either, but what you do will work out. No one knows your child like you do.
We're shooting for Christmas time -- going (kind of) cold turkey.
I love that video! I have no advice for you but it sounds like she is ready to go. I would try pull-ups before underwear just in case!
Wow, that's young for wanting to go potty in the toilet! It's cute how she can talk so much already too, and how she copies the things you say to her, how fun!
Love it! I hope that Tig follows that same timeline.:) Way for Macie to be the good example. I can't wait for diaper days to be gone for atleast a while.
That is a hilarious video! Kids are just priceless! Good luck- I hope the trend keeps up. Brock had a run where he pooped in the little potty like 5 times right around bath time but that was a few months ago and nothing since... But good luck!
That is way too cute. She is so funny. I love that you have to knock to come into your own bathroom...
Amazing Girl! I would let her pick out some pretty panties that she really adores and then maybe she'll try really hard not to wet them because she likes them so much. Let her wear them for an hour or so and see how she does.
Kirk's niece potty trained herself at 18 months. It was crazy to see such a little girl going to the bathroom by herself. I think she still used pull ups for a while, but the she got the whole concept pretty well.
Oh wow! Macie is so adorable- I can only hope and pray Tucker will train himself, but I'm not counting on it. Lucky you!!
Post a Comment